I have taken two wt deer with my 22-250 and the furthest one walked was about 15 feet. That shot was from 274 yards out using a 55 grain bullet. The other one was a spine shot at about 250, it dropped in it's tracks. A .270 is also a good round I've been using 130 grain ballistic tips and they seem to work great.

Have any of you rifle hunters ever heard of the TIKKA brand gun? If so what have you heard about them or experienced.

Treestandman,

Tikka is a subsiderary of Sako. They are a nice rifle for the money and very accurate out of the box. My nephew shoots a 7mm-08 Tikka and I have been very impressed with it.

Kevin

Treestandman

I have pretty much heard the same info that Kevin gave you. My buddy used to work in a gun shop and thought that they were a great value for the money. I personally have never owned one. I hope this helps coues Addict

Guest Lark Hubbard

my oldest son bought a tikka t3 in .270 wsm. he hasn't shot any animals with it yet, but he loves the gun. they're fairly inexpensive too. he put a nice scope on it and it seems to be a real shooter. he's headed to wyoming in october and has a coues tag, so it oughta see some action. as for me, i've just about always shot a .270. the model 70 i have now was made in 1948 and i've been shooting it for nearly 30 years. before that i had a model 70 featherweight that my dad quit shooting because he didn't like the recoil. put a k4 weaver with a dot on it and started shooting stuff before the ol' man could figure out what was what with his binoculars. he immediatley started a campaign to get it back. i bought an '06 i like pretty well a few years later and he repo'd the .270 and still shoots the heck out of things with it. there are a lot of new cartridges on the market and a lot of pretty neat guns, but i always go back to my .270. has a 25 year old 3.5x10 varix III on it. shoot 140 gr hornadys i've reloaded to an almost dangerous level. it's been fired probably 3000 times and the groups are starting to grow a little, but it seems to always find it's mark on game. main thing to me is to get a rifle you really like and trust, doesn't really matter what the caliber, and stick with it. shoot it every chance you get and figure what load works best in it and stay with it. make the rifle become part of you and you'll never regret it. and learn how to sneak. if you get close, you don't have to have one o' them hand held cannons with coke bottle size cases.

Great point(s) LH!

:ph34r: