Apache7mm

San Carlos, non-members can use own dogs for Lion

Up to 5 lions a year? Each tag is $225.00 or 1 tag is good for 5 lions. That is great news. Have never hunted lions there before. Any suggestion were to start? Any units better then others? I have hunted bear on San Carlos in unit C. Just got into hounds and looking forward to it. Thanks for the up date.

Each tag with dogs is $225, tag is good all year til you tag a lion(just pay daily fee every trip out) then you can purchase another towards the 5 total for the year.

Plenty of places to go, the ranchers can be a great help since they would like to see less lions in their areas so bumping into them would be a plus, hound traffic has picked up since the change so most likely cross with others in pursuit as well.

There's also a limit of 6 dogs per hunter, some guys were coming in blazin' LOL.

DAN

Heck yeah. Invite all lion hunters. Clark slammed 3 cats in 5 days. Let the coues live a lifetime.

Definitely no shortage of Lions on the rez thats for sure and i remember the reason the electronic calls were taken out was because originally 76-1 did not allow them so we had to go by that, there's supposed to be a monthly commission mtg next Thursday so maybe it can be addressed there since this other change has taken effect.

DAN

Thanks Dan! Let us know if the change goes through for e-callers.

+1 - wouldn't that just make my year...

I am willing to go with any coueswhitetail member for a multi day hunt on the san carlos. I have no dogs to offer, but I can pack my fair share of weight and would love the opportunity at my first lion/lions! Anyone need company or someone to share the expense gas, food etc. P>M> me.