Apache7mm

San Carlos, non-members can use own dogs for Lion

Recently passed resolution allows non-members to use their own dogs now for the purpose of hunting Mountain Lions on the San Carlos Apache Rez.

Price change in the works so get at it while its still "rez prices" ;)

Resolution...

img09376.pdf

img09377.pdf

img09378.pdf

p4mi.jpg

wml0.jpg

ucpx.jpg

sbg9.jpg

f9w9.jpg

DAN

• Like 1

Just curious how recently did this past because I was at the Game and Fish on Thursday and they told me I cannot bring dogs on the rez to hunt lions! Tribal member only!! I told the lady I am a tribal member!! She said your from a different Apache Tribe LOL!!!

The details are in the Pdf files, it is legal now though for non-members to use their own dogs to hunt mountain lions on the Sc rez.

DAN

I called yesterday and if you want to hunt without dogs its 10.40 a day plus 15 for the tag ..but with dogs its 225 and the 10.40 a day one lion per tag up to five lions per yr

$225.00 a tag with Dogs, $10 daily fee.

$15.00 a tag without Dogs, $10 daily fee.

****Prices are current****

Tag good all year, 5 Lions per year.

No Lion hunting in the month of September in the Drylake, Hilltop, Ninemile, and Malay Gap Elk units.

DAN

• Like 1

When are they going to allow electronic calls again? We will gladly hunt lions on SC (and all of the other predators) - just need to bring the WT caller with us.

Hey - come to think of it - we just need electronic to be OK for lions - I will gladly leave the rifle's safety on for everything else.

When are they going to allow electronic calls again? We will gladly hunt lions on SC (and all of the other predators) - just need to bring the WT caller with us. Hey - come to think of it - we just need electronic to be OK for lions - I will gladly leave the rifle's safety on for everything else.

good question! Dan, do you know if they are considering this?

Allowing electronic calls has been in the works for some time now, don't know what the hold up is.

DAN

Glad they are letting the dogs back in. Seems like those 15$ dollar lions have be slaughtering those $2000 dollar coues bucks. Every time I have been up there seen more lion tracks ext then anything else. Carlos has a ton of lions that need to be thinned out! Thanks for the info!!!!!

Thanks Dan for posting this info. Ignoramuses like myself enjoy these updates. I would love to get a healthy TOM or 2 on the wall! The more taken the merrier as far as I am concerned for the SC

Definitely no shortage of Lions on the rez thats for sure and i remember the reason the electronic calls were taken out was because originally 76-1 did not allow them so we had to go by that, there's supposed to be a monthly commission mtg next Thursday so maybe it can be addressed there since this other change has taken effect.

DAN

Definitely no shortage of Lions on the rez thats for sure and i remember the reason the electronic calls were taken out was because originally 76-1 did not allow them so we had to go by that, there's supposed to be a monthly commission mtg next Thursday so maybe it can be addressed there since this other change has taken effect.

DAN

Thanks Dan! Let us know if the change goes through for e-callers.

• Like 1