coues7

Seat for Glassing

Has anyone found a good stadium style seat that is light and good for carrying around so when you glass you can be comfortable? I've seen some vest's for the turkey hunters at cabela's but I'm thinking just the seat?

Tell us what you use!

thanks

I just bought the seat I've been looking all over for. It's the Crazy Creek stadium style chair, very light and has a back rest. It's not very compact, but not bad, you can fold it in half and it works well strapping it to your pack. They have several styles, some you can air up, some with more padding on the seat, etc. I had heard REI carries them, but I found mine at Sportsmans WH. I have always looked there for them, but have never went upstairs by the tents, thats where they have them. Several serious Coues hunters on this site use this seat, I'm excited I finally got one and get to try it out this weekend! JIM>

I just bought the seat I've been looking all over for. It's the Crazy Creek stadium style chair, very light and has a back rest. They have several styles, some you can air up, some with more padding on the seat, etc. I had heard REI carries them, but I found mine at Sportsmans WH.

Thanks Jim......I live in Tucson and we have a Sportsmans WH.....so this will work out perfect.

My friend had one that was completely soft and had the side straps on it to support the back.....only thing is that it was blue.....but you could role it up and it would fit right into your pack.

I'll go look at one this afternoon.

Anyone else with some suggestions.....I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

I just use the little three lag ones that fold into them selves (if ya understand what i mean) They Are only 4.00 at sportsmans. you set on them and they are kind of like a sadle shape.they used to have one that folded down even more but i have not seen them in a while. They do not have a back. Or i used my self inflatable seat. and lean back on a rock face or tree trunk. i like being up off the ground if i can. Then your Butt and leggs do not fall asleep. :lol:

I have one of the inflatable seats but it doesn't have a back on it......the only thing to lean on is ocotillo's, prickly pear catus, or rattle snakes. I suppose I could sit on a big ol' cow turd and just let my back hurt.

We need to come up with something for the hard core AZ coues hunter. I cut my old shirts in half and drape them over my bino's and head to keep things dark so that when I'm glassing what I see in my bino's really stands out......no to derail my own topic but does anyone else do this?

I bring a dark towel to put over my head/bino's to keep the sun out of the sides. It cuts down the glare and is easier than trying to adjust your baseball cap........Allen..........

I took an old ridge rest hiking pad and cut it in half. When folded into quarters it fit nicely into a day pack and weighs almost nothing. One of the other benefits is that you can unfold it for that mid day nap to get some added comfort.

A couple of chairs- 1 - Camo Swivel Stool - 360 degree swivel seat. weighs just 2.5lbs

and 2- Thermarest camo seat 11x15 and weighs 4oz. 1.5 inches thick. Same company that makes the entire line of thermarest products.

AzP&Y

Duwane Adams uses a foam pad from walmart that retails at about 9.95. , he prefers the ground level when that opportunity is available.

post-898-1161650771.jpg

post-898-1161650786.jpg

those are the two i use. except my chair is green not camo. but the blow up one looks just like that one.

I use the cushion seat that has a bottom cushion and back support. I dont know really how else to explain it. Alot of people use them on bleachers. They are the soft ones that fold up. It is neat because you can lean back and still sit upright because the weight of your body is holding the bottom cushion down. Very comfortable. They sale them at Walmart or sportsmans or really just about anywhere. Fit in pack fine too.

Ya mean ya gatta have comfort when you're glassing?

I've never thought about a seat to glass from, but now you got me thinkin'.

I borrowed my wife's sewing machine and made a hood out of some light canvas. A bit of elastic keeps it in place, and it goes into the bino case when walking.

Bill

Check Out the Kifaru Packs. Mine (Long Hunter) has a seat that opens up on the back of my pack providing not only a good seat but a back rest as well.

Rharris

Believe it or not. I use a small bean bag I bought at Target in the toy section. It is very comfortable and light. It straps to the outside of my pack. It also gives me a little lower back support. I can glass for hour with it.