Sign in to follow this  
JOEDKILLA

200+Typical Archery Mulie from 36A

Has anyone else heard of this kill?!!??? Seen picks?? This buck just surfaced at a taxidermy shop in Tucson aparently 9 months after it was harvested. Just wondering why none of us(southern Az. bowhunters) have heard of this great buck till now. Down here a 180 causes a comotion, news of a 200 should've spread like wild fire. I'm SUPER curious & would love to see field pics and a story on this WORLD CLASS DESERT MULE DEER WITH A BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know if I had dropped a 200" deer I wouldn't wait that long to bring to a taxidermy shop or tell someone. That kind of a deer is world class. Something isn't right.

You would think they would at least bring it in to have the hide sent off to the tannery and the antlers injected with formaldehyde, if money was the problem. That doesn't cost a whole lot. Curious how they preserved the velvet that long? I'm sure people will be on me for jumping to conclusions but who knows if this buck wasn't killed recently while out of season because they couldn't pass up such a monster buck, thrown in the freezer for a couple days, and then brought to the taxidermist with last years tag to make the story fit. A buck killed on the strip that is 200" with a bow is spread around fast. One from an area that doesn't usually produce them would have spread around even faster.

Not Everyone Has The Money, Especially If Killed In December..... Why Instantly Throw Schit On Something That Is Just Rumored To Exist.....

• Like 3

The money part really isn't the question now that I see it was killed in December. The question is why would no one have ever even heard of one of the biggest bucks ever killed in that area for nearly a year? Could be completely legal but it's little things like that make it fishy.

Not everyone chooses to spread the word about their harvests... I know of a great buck that was taken out of the desert last December as well, that went 186 and change, and had two broken tines, that probably would've added about 10", but the only reason I know about it is because I know the hunter... Some guys just like to keep their successes to themselves.

• Like 5

I see absolutely NOTHING fishy about it, different strokes for different folks. I would love to see pictures and hear the story. Too many people afraid there might be a new HERO in town !!!

• Like 4

IN that case congratulations R in order and we would love to see and hear all about it. Also I heard of a 187 out of Tucson Mountains area from about 4 people. Maybe same buck that ylclaret was talking about.