Sign in to follow this  
richardoutwest

6A early rifle thoughts

My father in law drew 6A early rifle oct 25th - oct 28th. He is pushing 60 and not able to hump the canyons anymore. I am not familiar with 6A and trying to figure out a place that we can hunt him that does not have a ton of people and still be able to take a decent bull. He thinks 360 is his goal, but I am looking at 320 better be unloading. Any thoughts or places anyone is willing to give up for the old man would be appreciated! You can message me thru here. THANKS!

Honestly your not gonna find that type of bull off the road. Pm me and I can help with areas that are easier to walk than other areas. Have you done any scouting or have a general area you want to hunt.?

My father in law had this hunt last year.

Mullins guided him and they could not even find him a shooter in 5 days.

They were hunting apache maid, it was real hot then but it would be worth a try.

I would go to the Far East side of the unit.

My grandson had a cow tag for the youth hunt going on now, we had bulls bugling all day long.the last week they have really been hitting water

so you might want to find a hole with a bunch of tracks and put him in a blind.

The week before my son had a turkey tag after he killed ,we scouted saturday in a different place we hunted with my grandson, and saw 5

different herds where it was really easy to walk but the best bulls were 330 to maybe 345 with some really good whale tails.

My father in law had this hunt last year.

Mullins guided him and they could not even find him a shooter in 5 days.

They were hunting apache maid, it was real hot then but it would be worth a try.

I wouldn't waste much time here if i was you good glassing for a 60 year old, i might give it a quick look but wouldn't waste much time there

Seldom Drawn