Sign in to follow this  
brent

USPS.... GRRRR

Yup..I have a "package' coming...from Pa down here to North Carolina, by way of Iowa......that is why Post Office salaries are so high....workers that incompentent are hard to find and command a premium...

/>Yup..I have a "package' coming...from Pa down here to North Carolina, by way of Iowa......that is why Post Office salaries are so high....workers that incompentent are hard to find and command a premium...

Everything is done by machine except the delivery so you can blame the machines not the carriers the volume of mail is unreal it's impossible to not have errors if usps is so bad why do you guys continue to use them? When I first started here I thought wow we make good money for just slapping some letters in a box but it is much more than that I worked construction my whole life and this is a harder job there is no down time go go all day long in my opinion we are not paid enough.

That sucks hope you get it figured out.

I FED EX everything! Not government operated and it gets there everytime. It might cost more sometimes but money well spent. Get what you pay for.

A lot of Snail mail shipments are sent via airlines. You can probably thank the baggage handler for "misplacing" your item. Almost every airline has USPS contracts.

Still trying to get it figured out. But I think were on the right track now.

I wasted a lot of time trying resolve this. I talked to some people who had no idea what they were doing. That being said, I also found that there are plenty of people working for USPS (CW members too) who were more than helpful. Thanks guys. I came on here to gripe and complain about the USPS, and people were still happy to help me.

• Like 1

Hey CRAZYBUCK, I just want to say I really appreciate those of you who actually do your jobs well - and many in USPS do. On the other hand, there are some that just don't seem to care as much.

I've always been amazed you can hand-write an envelope - often very badly and for basically nothing have it delivered to the right place across the country or just to the next town. There are a lot of hard working people who take pride in their work at the USPS. But there are others who don't have your work ethic.

Lately it seems I get something in my mailbox almost every week that is clearly addressed to one of my neighbors - and while I always hand deliver those - I have to wonder how much of my mail ends up somewhere else.

It happens all the time they are transitioning a lot of new hires right now called ccas pay starts a lot less and your expected to do more work I was hired with 180 others out of the 180 there are 40 of us left and it's is defiantly affecting the customers cause they are pretty much hiring anyone with a pulse before you needed to be in the 85 % in testing to even be considered now a 70% when can you start and they aren't getting the training they need before they send them to the street they are in such a hurry they just rush thru and move on if you take a break you need to figure out where you are gonna make it up we work till at least 6:30 every night and have been out delivering till 900 a couple times