Scooter

2 blade choices...

Anybody shooting steel force or Magnus 2 blade broadheads for elk??? Wondering if I should give them a try or not. If so, how much does your arrow weigh and what did you fletch it with?

I have been shooting the Magnus Stinger 2 blade on whitetails for about 5 years and they work great. I have killed.......SMOKED.....3 bulls using Magnus Snuffer SS. After seeing how good the 2 blade shoots and what it does to whitetail I am sure it would work great on elk. Both are real easy to resharpen using a corse and a fine diamond stone !

I have tried them ALL.. .or at least I think I have... I am now using Solids and Silver Flames....
Here is a video I did on 2 blade heads..

J-

Dr. Ed Ashby, noted broadhead/penetration expert recommends that 2 blade broadheads be sharpened in a single bevel fashion that matches the helical. This tends to help create a spiral wound channel and a "J" cut upon exit as opposed to a straight slit.

- I have been real impressed with the magnus stingers and Steel force 2 blades.

I currently shoot the 165 grain Magnus No mercy off of my 40 and 50 lb recurves and love them as well.

Wac em. is coming out with a 2 blade version. I am a diehard Wac em user and have had outstanding results with their 3 blade versions.

Check them out, If they are anything like their 3 blade versions, they will fly like bullets out to long distances and hold up thru bone.

The slick trick viper trick is a two blade and is awesome. Fly excellent and hold up well. Shot a muley this year beded and it blew through both shoulders. Will be using them again. 125 grn by the way.

Shot my elk this year with a 125 gr. swhacker at 40 yds. Died within sight! Highly recommend these broadheads. Arrow weight approximately 430 grains fletched with goat tuff fletchings