Sign in to follow this  
Coues Kid

my 2013 Southern AZ Borderland coues deer.

/>Maybe next time be more respectful to the animal and clean some of the blood off the hide. Hate seeing kill pics where the animal is covered in blood still. More respectful IMO

Next time ill try and pack a sink and give the deer a bath. Don't talk smack about me disrespecting an animal because by god I never have. I shot a deer with a rifle what do you expect to see of course there's gonna be blood. For your info I did try and cover it with dirt can't help if its gonna bleed. And for the record don't tell me I'm disrespecting the animal cause of blood when you take pictures sitting on your bull elk. If anybody is disrespectful its you And any other good hunter would agree.

• Like 1

/>Maybe next time be more respectful to the animal and clean some of the blood off the hide. Hate seeing kill pics where the animal is covered in blood still. More respectful IMO

Next time ill try and pack a sink and give the deer a bath. Don't talk smack about me disrespecting an animal because by god I never have. I shot a deer with a rifle what do you expect to see of course there's gonna be blood. For your info I did try and cover it with dirt can't help if its gonna bleed. And for the record don't tell me I'm disrespecting the animal cause of blood when you take pictures sitting on your bull elk. If anybody is disrespectful its you And any other good hunter would agree.

first of all, congrats

I totally agree with Coues Kid, if you don't like blood in the pictures, then don't look at them, just that simple.

in my mind disrespecting the animal would be cutting off the head and leaving the meat or sitting on the animal during photos.

blood on the animal is nothing, if you stand for what you said, Justin_Birch, then you need to complain about all the blood on javelinas/elk/ other deer in these forums. and I would like to see other peoples responses.

maybe congratulating the guy that successfully harvested a very nice deer would be the right thing to do.

and if you have a problem with the blood. you could pm him and suggest trying to clean up the blood next time. not disrespecting the hunter for the public to see.

• Like 2

I'll also add that we were a ways from camp on a hot oct day. I'd rather keep that water bottle I'm my pack to drink on the hump out over 2 ridges then clean off a little blood. Trust me this deer wasn't disrespected at all, and we worked out butts off getting to him and getting him out.

And yes, sitting on an elk with a foot propped up on the antlers is way worse.

That's all I'll say on this. This thread is about congrats nick! Have you finished your skull yet?

• Like 2