Sign in to follow this  
Coues Kid

my 2013 Southern AZ Borderland coues deer.

It has been a long wait but it was worth it. Thursday morning came and we were headed hot to southern az. Got down there sun was already over the mountains glassed up 3 does checked a few other spots but it was slow. Set camp up and continued our scouting trip saw 5 does get spooked out of this canyon and that was about it. Friday morning was a bust hunters everywhere watched them kick 2 big forks up and 3 doe moved location mid morning got set up for the afternoon. It was hot the sun was cooking us but we stuck it out saw another guy on a ridge and 3 doe and a fawn. Saturday morning met Ben from the forum really awesome dude he took my buddy and I to a spot where not to many hunters had been. Got to this hill saw 5 doe in front of us this guy come walking up in front of us down a saddle breaking trees and up the other side. My buddy says hey let's go to the next hill and glass I was like I don't know that guy just we crashing through there. Well it was a great idea put my binos up and in 30 seconds had a buck 450 yards from me waited for Ben to get to us so he could spot for me my buddy and I got to 318 yards got set up on a tree squeezed one off and boom he's down 1 shot 1 kill. We get over to him and he's a beautiful 3x3 in my binos I thought he was a 3x2 it really paid off waiting a year. I want to give a big Thank you to backwoodshunter, and cotimundi01 without these 2 guys I would have had heck of a time getting him a mile and a half back to the truck.

• Like 4

Congrats on filling your tag!

Congrats on the nice buck! Thanks for sharing the pics and the story.....!!

I forgot to put in there we found a lion kill the horns were still in Velvet but nothing else left but bear crap.

Got a pic of that by chance?