Sign in to follow this  
WFGinNM

Headed to 23

I'll be headed out in a few hours to 23. Stopping for the night at a friend's house halfway and finishing the trip in the morning hopefully with enough time to set up camp and do some scouting for Saturday morning. We'll be south of Mule Creek either trying to use road hunters to our advantage or going deep.

Be safe everyone,

--Bill

Good luck Bill! Hope you find a good one. Good luck to your boys as well Tommy. Are they going to take any deer or will they try to target Coues this year? I'm sure you know the area well, but let me know if you need any help. I've been in Unit 22 a lot in the last few years.

Travis

Good luck to everyone. Can't wait to see the pictures.

I'll be in 23 also, but going after mule deer. I'll let you all know if I stumble across any good coues. Ken

Travis,

Gabe my youngest is taking anything legal Coues or Mule. Tito on the other hand is going to shoot for a Coues on the second hunt.

I've hunted 22 about 10 total years. I think we have a good game plan hopefully it will pan out. It depends on how bad the Muzz hunters moved them last weekend.

Take Care

Tommy, I don't think the Muzzleloader hunters did much damage. There was only 50 of them. I was in the unit last year on the rifle hunt when there was 100 tags. Still not hardly any pressure. A few road hunters but not much else. Especially if you go after Coues, you shouldn't see a soul. Other than BullWidgeon. LOL Good Luck!

Travis

I will be in 22 from Sunday-Tuesday, my buddies scouted they said they saw both flavors of deer. I trust in them I don't think I will be too picky, after all it is a new place and I didn't get to scout like I had wanted to.

Bret M.