FlyingW

Unit 27 Success

I shot this buck opening morning and despite two of his running mates were bigger than him , I couldn't be happier. I want to thank my buddy Ray Castillo for his help in harvesting this buck. He's a 7x4 and green scored 184 1/8...... post-3888-0-08501000-1383538211_thumb.jpgpost-3888-0-09529700-1383538247_thumb.jpg

post-3888-0-84646000-1384118248_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Giant buck! Huge congrats! Why couldn't you connect on any of the other deer?

I never really had a good shot at other bucks. We could'nt find the deer at first on the mountain range they have frequented for the past two years , so we circled all the way around it and headed up backside. As luck would have it , with the morning thermals at my back , we ran smack dab into them. I probably could have backed out and tried for one of the big ones later . I felt I had already pushed my luck enough and got away with a couple mistakes that should have cost me so I took him. I had a great time with my buddy and have no regrets......theres always next year :)

That's a great Buck Trey. Do you or the boys have any other Tags. I will be taking my boys on Thursday for their hunt in 32. I got my coues buck opening day in 27 then ran up to the Kiabab to help my Dad and nephew. I tried to tell him that he didn't have to go to the Kiabab to get a great buck. He will believe me now when he see's your buck. Take care.

Congratulations on a beautiful buck! With that one presenting a shot I don't think I would of pushed my luck for one of the others either.

That's a great Buck Trey. Do you or the boys have any other Tags. I will be taking my boys on Thursday for their hunt in 32. I got my coues buck opening day in 27 then ran up to the Kiabab to help my Dad and nephew. I tried to tell him that he didn't have to go to the Kiabab to get a great buck. He will believe me now when he see's your buck. Take care.

Cody decided to go solo this year and shot a 2pt on Saturday . Katie hunted till last night , passing on several small bucks and went back to the valley . Cade and Elle both killed on the jr hunt and Melissa and I will head back out in the morning to try and find a good one for her.... Good luck in 32 and be safe !!!