Sign in to follow this  
AxisWorks LLC

Iowa 2013

Just got back from another great Archery hunt in Iowa.

Filled the antlerless tag on Monday evening and my antlered tag on Wednesday morning. There were no shortage of deer that's for sure. Rut still hadn't kicked into full swing before I left. Guess I'll have to go the full 2 weeks of November next year. I shot the buck about a mile in on public state ground so decided to quarter him up and pack him out western style. Not many locals had seen that done before. :blink: LOL.

post-6055-0-47808100-1384276867_thumb.jpg

post-6055-0-54367500-1384276878_thumb.jpg

post-6055-0-93830100-1384276895_thumb.jpg

post-6055-0-18990900-1384276904_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on a great buck! Awesome job and thanks for the cool pictures.

There's plenty of good public land hunting if you're willing to get back in there a bit. Great job! Near what town were you hunting? I've had several buddies up there take some slobs these past few days!

• Like 1

Goss! Nice Job Man!

/>

There's plenty of good public land hunting if you're willing to get back in there a bit. Great job! Near what town were you hunting? I've had several buddies up there take some slobs these past few days!

I was hunting near Bradgate Iowa. Luckily the private land we have permission to hunt backs right up to the river and the state land is just on the other side. There is plenty of state land to hunt but access is limited if you don't have permission to access it through private property it's a long ways in and not allot of people aren't willing to go that deep. So even though we have allot of stands on public land it's because we have access through private to get to it.