Sign in to follow this  
cpugsie

2013 Iowa Sucess!

Here's a couple nice bucks my friend Ron and I took last week in Iowa. That's me on the right. What a hunt! Best place I've ever hunted Whitetails in. We were seeing good bucks (140 to 170) everyday with opportunities to shoot smaller bucks everyday! The rut was just starting and they were responding well to rattling. Ron shot his buck on Wednesday evening at 30 yards and I took mine on Friday morning at 20.

post-1242-0-43478400-1384305968_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats, couple great bucks there, i have always wanted to hunt in iowa for a good buck, do you mind if i ask what outfit you hunted with and their contact info or website if available, thank you.

Thank you!

We didn't hunt with an outfitter. We were invited to hunt on private land owned by someone in the archery industry. I feel very fortunate to have been able to hunt this land. I'm sure there are some very reputable outfitters with great success in Iowa but hunting this private land truly was the most enjoyable hunt I've ever been on. We had 2500 acres to ourselves with about a dozen tree stands all ready in place with no outside pressure what so ever or any roads bordering the land. We were able to come and go as we pleased and put up stands where we felt were good spots in addition to the stand all ready there. We discussed with the owner which stands to hunt every day based on the wind conditions. It was a blast seeing bucks respond to rattling and calling. Iowa in general made me feel like I traveled back in time. We were in Warren county about a1/2 hour south, south/west of Des Moines. Wish I knew an outfitter to suggest!

Very nice! Having grown up in Iowa and knowing who owns that much land in that area, I bet I know who you were hunting with. Lips sealed, though. Congrats!