Sign in to follow this  
AGFD News

AGFD news Warning to Arizona hunters and recreationists camping on the Coconino, Kaibab and Prescott National Forests

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol"><span style="mso-list: Ignore"><span style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-SIZE: 7pt; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" times="" new="" roman??="">   <br /> </span></span></span>

View the full article

This is great news! About time the Forest Service listens to the hunters who complained about the trailers being parked for weeks in advance of a hunt. I guess the G&F commission supports parking a trailer in a camping spot for weeks in advance to reserve a camp spot... Sad!

• Like 2

Sure as heck did'nt give much notice on this.

Does the same rule apply for tents? Or can we take them down ourself?

What about using the spot as a base camp while you hike in a spike camp for several days? Was thinking of doing that next Elk season. Hopefully they will resolve this squabble before hand.

72 hours isn't quite weeks at a time though.

It's a weekend

I doubt if the USFS can count to 72 anyway.

• Like 1

It's a weekend

I think they still use an abacus though.

• Like 1

/>

It's a weekend

I think they still use an abacus though.

They do like playing with those little balls.

We came by your site at noon 3 days in a row and there was no one here. So we took your s**t.

I heard if you place a sign at your camp that says I love wolves they will not only leave your stuff alone , they will leave you granola bars and soy milk.

Like Elk hunter mentioned above. Many times I spike camp away from the trailer and come out to restock on supplies and get cleaned up again recoup for a day and head back in.

We came by your site at noon 3 days in a row and there was no one here. So we took your s**t.

They will employ the same method they use with the treestands and cameras: just say it's abandoned and take it hoping you don't challenge them later.

Like Elk hunter mentioned above. Many times I spike camp away from the trailer and come out to restock on supplies and get cleaned up again recoup for a day and head back in.

It says in the FS regulations that if you are going to do this, to call ahead of time and leave a vehicle description and contact information and they will issue you a permit.

They need to issue everybody a tag that needs to be displayed like the G&F is doing. With that there is NO dispute as to the dates in Forest. All they are doing is attempting to bypass the national 14 day rule. I think the head of the Forest Service up there is on a POWER TRIP.

AZLance looks like we are on the same page, different paragraph!

Sign in to follow this