Coues assassin

First time calling

My two cents and my personal opinion...

Do not use pup in distress right now, you'll have better success using pop in distress sound on late February to May.

You are using the right call but in my opinion let it do its thing for 15 minutes straight with out turning the sound off

For Bobcats use cottontail or woodpecker sounds.

The colder it gets you'll have better success at mid day but early mornings or late evenings are more productive.

Ernesto C

Do not use pup in distress right now, you'll have better success using pop in distress sound on late February to May.

Ernesto C

I call bs on the pup distress!

that is my go to call at the end of alot of my sets!

just because it's 120 deg out and kids see santa at the mall are they not going to want to sit santas lap regardless if it is July?

what I'm saying is....mamma coyotes have that motherly instinct no matter what time of year it is.

I will say you will call in more females than males with that call.

James

a good percent of my kills have been with jack in distress... I've recently started using baby kitten in distress and it has been proven to me that it works with great results.. dead yotes!! kill yotes , save deer, quail, ect.ect...

I don't really use my e-caller much anymore, but with my mouth calls I call for 1-2 minutes real intense loud and fast distress-type sounds, wait 30 seconds or so and sort of give that "tired out and dying" weaker sound for another minute or so. I just repeat that sequence four or five times- then move.

Foxes always come right in... In fact- I've stopped shooting them because I could get one almost every time I go out. Not every set, but if I stay long enough and keep calling, a fox will show up. The best shell for those is a turkey load from my 835. I think I'm gonna buy a .22mag and sell some fur!

The coyotes have been eluding me a little bit. When they come in, it's been close enough for shotgun, but I've been blowing the call so one hand was busy and I couldn't close the deal in time.