4 years ago I lost a Garmin GPS on Red Butte in unit 9. Yesterday, while driving up there, I was thinking about that and wondering if anyone ever found it.

I was scouting for a client at the time, and had to hike back to the truck, drive all the way back to Flagstaff and buy a new one, then drive back and start scouting again.

So, I was scouting for a new client this weekend and I parked on the south side of the mountain and started hiking up. I usually park on the east side and hike up a ridge that tapers in that direction, but I decided to take a different route this time.

As I was hiking, I thought about the GPS again, and at that precise moment, I looked down, and there it was. AMAZING!

P1010840.jpg

WOW!!! :lol:

Amazing! Looks like some critters been chewing on it.

I lost my Swarovski rangefinder in unit 10 elk hunting this year. Got excited ranging a bull and didn't pick it up. I know within a 1/4 mile where it is, right beside a juniper tree but we have looked and I can't find it. Maybe I'll get lucky like you did and find it some day.

Pretty funny- I lost a scope cover two weeks ago and had no idea when it came off of my rifle. Today I found it right in the middle of a two track. To bad I couldn't find the big buck I found two weeks ago, maybe in a few days.

I guess that goes to show you we have pretty good instincts on our own.

I have had a few of those type cases too!

One year I lost a Camo insulated Glove while hunting, Then the next year I found it right in the spot I thought it was and just where I had looked for it but was previously unable to find it. I was surprised as I had nearly forgotten all about it.

Strangest one was when I shot at the deer on the run, and he went down for a second but then disappeared. Then my brother in law shot this deer about a half mile away a few minutes later. when we got together and looked the deer over, we realized my shot had hit and broke off the g1 of the antler. The lead bullet impact was clear!

We went back to the spot and after searching for a long time we were about to give up and my father in law bowed his head and prayed that God would help us find it. He opened his eyes and right at the tip of his boot was the antler piece in an open area that we had searched many times over.

Cool, Desert Bull....

Next time you're back at the bear spot, I lost my scope covers in that pucker brush that we busted through, on the way up to the glassing spot.

:D

DB, Thats cool to find it years later.

Pack rats chewing up the plastic reminds me of back in the 8o's we packed into reavis ranch 1 year and decided to stash the truck keys along the trail.

5 days later we returned and no keys.

Pack rats moved them 15 yds away dang near in a hole and chewed all the plastic off the keys.

We were lucky.

needless to say we never stashed keys again.

Send it into Garmin with the story maybe they will honor the story and replace it.

Dan

Ok, this is no B.S...

About 10 years about I was pig hunting and chased a herd way up this mesa and lost them. My bro and I sat down for a drink and I took off my favorite Beanie to let my head cool off. I remember setting it on this Palo Verde to air it out, we glassed the pigs up and we were off, never picking up my hat before we left. It was such a dry, barren hike up to that mesa, I decided to sign it off as another lost item.

Now the spot was a spot we rarely hunted so we didn't return for 3 years. On the way in the day before the opener, 3 years later, I got out to open a gate along the long rocky road on the way in, I kid you not, I opened the cowboy gate and as I was pulling it out of the way of the truck I noticed somthing in a catclaw next to the fence. I walked over to it and having totaly forgotten about my Beanie it took my mind a minute to register what I was looking at, it was unbelieveable.

I got the chills and was afraid to touch it, lol, I even made my brother pick it up, lol. We hiked back up to that mesa on that hunt just to see, and from the gate to the glassing point was over 3 miles!!!! I don't know if a critter carried it all that way or what, but it was unreal. It is one of my finest trophy's to this day!!!

In 2002, I killed a big bull elk here in Idaho. I had taken off my watch to dress and quarter the animal. I put my watch on a rock along side the elk. We cut, quartered, bagged and packed the elk for the better part of two days, each time walking around the watch. Consequently I did not go back down for the watch when I noticed it was missing. The next year, while bow hunting the same area, I decided to go look for the watch. Three inches from the rock I located my watch. It was still running despite a hard winter. Timex claimes to take a licking, but my Casio passed the test.

Craig.