36Bjunkie

E-call question?

looking at getting a E-call but i don't want to brake the bank... but i don't want to buy crap either. i've never used any of these e-calls so i need some help form people that have use them. I'll take any info i can get..

THANKS

Larry

I first bought a cheapo Johnny Stewart call and didn't call in crap. We upgraded to a fox pro wildfire and had alright success. We recently upgraded to a foxpro firestorm and have had a lot better success. With two speakers it has better sound quality and allows for a larger variety of sounds

• Like 1

I too wish j would have started with a fox pro. But on a budget. If I could dobit over. Use a hand call and get good. Till you find a good deal on a used FoxPro. There have been a few good deals in the last few weeks in the classifieds.

• Like 1

looking at getting a E-call but i don't want to brake the bank... but i don't want to buy crap either. i've never used any of these e-calls so i need some help form people that have use them. I'll take any info i can get..

THANKS

Larry

the big question is what is your budget?

I have called in lots with my old johnny stewart also with the mini caller, even called a bunch with the old tapes..... all in the set up

I have a fox pro now and haven't been out alot but have called in a few with it. I wish I would have saved a bit more and got a better 1.

the sound quality is much better if you spend a bit more. if you can spend $400 you can get a good set up. otherwise you'll wish you had.

or buy what you can afford and save up for a better 1.

you can use your caller for more than just predators.

James

/>I first bought a cheapo Johnny Stewart call and didn't call in crap. We upgraded to a fox pro wildfire and had alright success. We recently upgraded to a foxpro firestorm and have had a lot better success. With two speakers it has better sound quality and allows for a larger variety of sounds

Not sure which one you bought, but the one I use to have worked really well. I bought it at cabelas for like $80 and I think I have called in more coyotes with my old johnny stewart call then I ever have with my fox pro.

i Have about 150 to spend but what i think i'm hearing is save up a little more for a better foxpro... what foxpro is the best for the money?and what are differences?

i Have about 150 to spend but what i think i'm hearing is save up a little more for a better foxpro... what foxpro is the best for the money?and what are differences?

do you have a mp3?

you can make your own if you just want something until you can save enough for a good 1. just wont be wireless.

do your research and check out other brands.. I think Heally Arms had a special not too long ago....

I can get you a link to download some sounds if you like to start your own.

I think Scooter made his own caller he could prolly help you out on what he used.

James

If you can solder and/or splice speaker wire, Radio shack is your friend... Buy quality cables and download good mp3's. Buy a horn speaker, mini amp, and use a good mp3 player or smartphone to store sounds. Look, I ain't gonna lie- it's no foxpro and most free downloads are going to have distortion. Does it call in coyotes and foxes??? Yes, yes it does. It cost less than $40 in parts. Instead of a remote I bought two 100ft headphone cords so I can set the caller away from me and control it with my iPod touch and the iHunt calls app.

I have an APP on my Iphone and a Bluetooth speaker and the only thing it calls is my mom....LOL i need something better but ill hold off till i can get something i'm happy with.. but im still up for suggestions and peoples input im new to the Predator hunting thing and like others input ....

Thanks

LARRY

This is essentially what I did: Taken from a different forum... And I've actually run longer cables to my mp3 player so that I can controll it from 200ft away.

(all of those part numbers are the actual part from Radio Shack so jot them down and have the geeks at the register look them up and get them for you)

1. Using your soldering iron, solder the stripped Radio Shack Power Horn Speaker wire (#4001440) to the stripped end of the 6' cable (#4202434).
  2. Now plug the soldered speaker wire into the EXT SPKR jack on the side of the Radio Shack Mini amp.
  3. With the remaining 6' cord (#4202420) attach the Mono plug to Stereo Jack Inline Adaptor (#9100774) to one end of the cable and plug this end into the other available jack on the speaker amp.
  4. With the other end of the 6' cable, plug it into your sound source (CD player, Tape player or Mp3 player)

The speaker costs $19.99, Mini Amp is $14.99, cables cost about $2.49 a piece and I think the stereo jack inline adapter is $3. You'll need a 9v battery to run the Mini Amp.

I've been skunked over Foxpro's, Flextones, Johnny Stewarts and some other calls I can't remember before- so what do you have to lose? Just build it and keep saving money until you can buy the best! It also gives me some sort of personal satisfaction to know I called in a predator with something I built in my garage, same feeling I get when I take one with the handloads I loaded.

Scooter do you have any pictures of your Ecall? id love to see them if you do that way i know what im looking for. i think it be fun to try and build my own call thanks for your input.

Like I said before- the challenge will be trying to kill the distortion/fuzzy background noise from the free mp3's... It isn't easy to do, but if you're computer/tech savvy there are lots of free mp3 editing software downloads that will help you eliminate some of it, but not all of it. For downloads- start with Varmint Al's page. The 16 and 20 minute sequences he offers have been pretty good. and if you are an iPod or iPhone guy the iHunt App is awesome and distortion-free for the most part.

• Like 1

I bought the Krakatoa from Foxpro and talk about having NO DISTORTION. Plays crystal clear 24 bit sounds at low or high volume.