Sign in to follow this  
kingbeer

unit 22 hunting

i am heading out to the archery hunt in unit 22 in may for the spring hunt. now i have never been hunting in az before and my father in law is telling me that we should check out the mountians near bartlett lake (just east and off the beeline) and also check out west of rosevelt lake (near browns peak) and then also thought about checking out the areas in and around payson.

also anyone have any suggestions on a good preditor call?

thanks

We got female bear Saturday just west of pine game fish said she was between 4-5 yrs old but if your hunting in May best find you one of the water holes north of control rd under the rim [/quote

Show us your sow! I want to see what a late season Arizona bear's coat looks like.

And, for the original poster, any predator call can work on bears. Its not the brand or model, but the effort and emotion that you put into while calling.

We got female bear Saturday just west of pine game fish said she was between 4-5 yrs old but if your hunting in May best find you one of the water holes north of control rd under the rim [/quote

Show us your sow! I want to see what a late season Arizona bear's coat looks like.

And, for the original poster, any predator call can work on bears. Its not the brand or model, but the effort and emotion that you put into while calling.

its on my facebook page I have not got the whole posting pictures on here thing down. Dropped her off at wildlife creations in young today