Well after chasing a lot of the small game az has to offer I have always wanted to get into duck hunting but have no idea where to start. I personally can't remember the last time I even saw a duck. I have gone to game and fish website and read what they have to offer or at least what I can find. I live in Tucson and hopefully looking to get decent duck hunting within 100 miles if possible. If not let me know il explore all options. If anyone can point in an area to start I'm not asking for exact spot but I would like more info than (35A/B) I read on game and fish website those are good for duck but is there anything closer? Maybe picacho peak or red rock area? I have an an aluminum boat so lakes could be an option. Basically I need a dumb explanation on how to at least see the first duck. Anything appreciated, you can PM me if you don't want to give away any spots. I would be more than willing to give up my dove spot or quail

they should be on the tanks soon with this cold snap... it's really hit or miss on small water down here- lots of miles on the truck going from tank to tank. I've herad about picacho but never hunted there.

they should be on the tanks soon with this cold snap... it's really hit or miss on small water down here- lots of miles on the truck going from tank to tank. I've herad about picacho but never hunted there.

never know if it is holdin water.....

brother in law went last week after his buddy said it had water.... NO WATER!

James

I've had plenty of good afternoon hunts. It's warmer and there is less pressure. Do it!

Guest akaspecials
Anyone know if middle of the day is ok to go? Kind of my only option with work from about noon till sundown

Ducks typically fly at sunup and sundown. Anything after 9 am and before 4 pm is typically pretty slow. I've never had a good evening hunt in Arizona, but I'm in the Phoenix area, so the areas I hunt get hit hard by people that skybust and shoot before legal hours. The ducks quickly learn to fly when it's dark...

I've never hunted ducks after noon. I like to give them a spot to loaf around after getting chased around all morning.

Guest akaspecials
I've never hunted ducks after noon. I like to give them a spot to loaf around after getting chased around all morning.

Scooter brings up a great point, if ducks are gonna stick around they need a place to loaf around and not be disturbed. This is why people that walk rivers frustrate a lot of duck hunters. As soon a they get harassed a few times the ducks will pick up and head south. Instead of having a week or two to hunt those ducks you now have a day or two.

I still hunt evenings sometimes, but a lot of duck clubs limit the days and hours ducks can be shot at to keep them from leaving the area in a hurry.

Heck, back in NY you weren't allowed to hunt on sundays and the shooting hours ended at noon on the refuge.