Sign in to follow this  
palivs2hnt

RCBS Chargemaster or Hornady Lock and Load

I'm debating between the RCBS Chargemaster Combo and the Hornady Lock and Load powder dispensing systems. Price is about $100 difference. What are the recommendations? Pros/cons of each or is there another brand that is better? Which one would you purchase?

I use the RCBS and it works very well. I looked at both as well and found more mediocre or low reviews after scouring 3 or websites. I lot of them had to do with speed not accuracy so i am pretty sure they are pretty close. I dont even use most of the features on the scale as my process is very basic and I only use it for rifle cartridges 25-50 at a time.

the RCBS sure is nice

the PACT is also very good. The one I don't trust is the Lyman

Really appreciate my RCBS for rifle reloading, it has saved me a lot of time over hand trickling each load. Not familiar with the Hornady, but will say if you currently have a old school powder dispenser don't get rid of it. I sold mine to offset the cost of the electronic RCBS and I miss it for pistol reloading when I'm not as concerned with .01 grain measures. While it saves time for rifles it's actually not as fast for the pistol reloading I do.