desertsheep

Talk about some low life's

I had a couple of buddies and their kids hunting for cow elk this year. They left opening morning came back that night tent,cots,ice chest,sleeping bags,everything was gone. What a bunch of crap. People can't leave stuff alone.

I had a couple of buddies and their kids hunting for cow elk this year. They left opening morning came back that night tent,cots,ice chest,sleeping bags,everything was gone. What a bunch of crap. People can't leave stuff alone.

The culprits may be related to the *@#! jerks who stole our camp in Chitty Creek in about 1965. It was a long way from a decent road, and we felt it would be OK to spend the night at the lodge in Hannagan Meadow so we could shower and clean up after a week of deer hunting.

When we returned the next day, they had taken two tents, four sleeping bags, our extra clothes, all of our food, two Coleman stoves, three ice chests, etc., etc. -- everything. If we hadn't raked the spot (they stole the rake, too) before setting up the tents we would have thought we had camped someplace else. We were lucky none of us had shot a deer yet, because they would have stolen it, too.

Bill Quimby

Wow Jason that blows! What freakin low lifes. They gotta have big ones to be stealin from guys that have guns :angry:

That is freaking sad, low lifes doesn't describe people like that, they are outright scum. Would love to catch someone doing that one day, would love to see the look on the game wardens face when they seen them hanging from their feet in camp instead of a deer or elk, might even use them as a pinata for a while.

No they don't have big ones. :angry: Guys with big ones earn an honest living! That tottaly sucks! I'm sorry that has to happen to anyone. :(

Once we were going hunting and had my brother in law's truck warming up on Thanksgiving morning. We had all of our hunting stuff (back packs, guns, binoes etc.) loaded up and someone stole the truck! After we called the cops I tracked the truck onto the rez. I called the cops back and told them where they had gone. They said they couldn't do anything about it :huh: I told them they had stolen a truck load of guns, and I had a truck load of guns and was going after them, so they had better do something about it! :angry: That got them real excited and real busy! I tracked them for several miles and up to two differen't homes. They had already left so I tracked them out to the interstate where I lost there track.

5 hours latter they crashed the truck in Phonix and totaled it. They were drunk and ran a red light crashing into a family car full of kids and there parents on there way to Thanksgiving dinner. The drunk car thieves got out and ran. The one that was running down the streets of Tempe with my deer rifle in hand was cought. I got everything back except that gun. The family hat was hit were all critical the last I herd. I don't think any died. I hate thieves!!!!!! :angry: I was out for blood that day! I tracked like a madman accross dirt and pavement. I was out to make an arrest at gunpoint! And I sure as heck wasn't about to let anyone shoot at me with my own gun !:angry: I hate the way they made me feal like shooting them! I just missed catching them and I know now that it was truly a blessing that I didn't ;)

So I feal for you. That realy sucks! I'm sorry the kids were involved. I hope they relize there are good people out there also! :)

Lance

Boy stuff like this sure gets me hot!!! I'm sorry you folks have had to deal with these kind of situations. All I can do is think people like these theives will get what's coming to them someday, just a matter of time.

I agree w/ shortpants, but am thinking of more carnivorous parasites that dwell further south. Probably a group of tree huggers out there trying to stop you from hunting. No gear = no hunt.

It sucks when someone steals from you, it sucks even more when you happen to be out hunting or camping.

I like to get out, to get away from it all. It seems like it follows me more and more.

That does suck... Big time.

Check the pawn shops and look at swap meets for a while. I hope thye are caught and hung by their pinkies and used as a pinyata.

Can't tell you how angry that makes me. Don't know your friends' situation but if they need the help put me down for a cooler and a sleeping bag. Maybe others could chip in some of their extra gear as well. Let your friends know there are still good people out there. Let me know.

Josh

That is a generous offer phx hunter,

For the life of me I just can't figure out why people can't just leave stuff that aint theirs alone, I have had similiar things happen to me and after the last fiasco down at the courthouse with the scumbags "I" caught with my truck I would be hard pressed not to take things into my own "courthouse".

I hope they can recover their stuff.

That just blows me away! :angry: Hey Jason if your friends need help I've got a light canvas tent no tears it's a 10x15 I think.Let me know and I'll take it to your house.Tony

I will never be suprised at what will take place. I know i have share this with you in the past. We beat a couple of guy's to there spot i guess. I grew up glassing from this spot and taking deer from it most my life. Anyways i did not get drawn one year in that area and someone else used it and it became there claim ya know. Anyways i did not know they had that in mind and they pulled up next to my brotherinlaw and i on our quads as we were getting on our packs. They had a few choice words for us as well as some suggestions on what to do with our selfs. they drove off and we headed up the hill. When we got back to our quads the end of the day my brother in laws was the only one there. We looked around and found mine in the bottom of the canyon to the west of us. The handle bars bent back Front rack bent back and craked. And the front plastic busted. It took us until well after dark to get it up the side of the hill and back to camp. The camp with the Jerks was cleaned and gone.

Then last year i had my Bull pack and some other gear stolen out of the bed of my truck while we were out glassing.