Sign in to follow this  
AzHuntingAddict

Using a ground blind, need advice

Wife got me a ground blind for Christmas, but I have no idea on where to start using one. Are there any tips and tricks to be succesful in using a ground blind? Is there anything I need to do to it like spray it down with scent killer or weather proof it? Also got a moving blanket to to use as a floor to keep things quite.

Brush it in well and make sure you break up the outline of the roof.

Place it down wind of the expected game travel.

If possible, face your shooting window North so the sun doesn't penetrate as much and the netting doesn't prohibit your visibility.

Close as much of it as you can. Leave just enough window open so you can comfortably shoot.

Set it up a few days ahead of time to air it out. I spray mine down at the house and again in the field.

My son shot his first coues buck out of a ground blind at 6 yards on a travel route to a bedding area. They can be a lot of fun and you can film your hunt as well. Good luck.

• Like 1

Does it kill the deal to place it that morning instead of having it out for days before? Dont want someone to snake it from me. I have seen posts about a sheen that some have, how do you keep that sheen off from it? Is it overkill to throw a camo netting over it too?

Ideally setting it up before hand would be great but lets face it on public land it will probably grow legs.

Does it kill the deal to place it that morning instead of having it out for days before? Dont want someone to snake it from me. I have seen posts about a sheen that some have, how do you keep that sheen off from it? Is it overkill to throw a camo netting over it too?
if it's brushed in well, and under a tree, you could be ok. I have set them up and had animals walk by within hours....as long as you are scent free.