Flatlander

2014 Elk and Antelope Draw Odds

Viper, on 09 Jan 2014 - 10:57, said:snapback.png

This is a great voluntary service you are providing to fellow CWT folks. We shoud all get together and buy you many beers. I know I have little chance of drawing a good tag with a few BP's so I am asking for my buddy. He has 8 BP for elk and plans to put in for 5B-S Sept Archery Bull (cause that's our favorite area). What would be a good 2nd choice for the same hunt....4B, 4A, 6A?

How about Rifle Antelope with 13 BP's?

Thank you much!

"With 8 BP he will have a good shot at 5BS so hopefully 2nd choice is a moot point. All the units named would offer 100% odds for him so be careful putting as a second choice if you really want to hunt 5BS. Another to consider is 5A, same habitat as 5BS + you can hunt junipers and a lot fewer tags. he is 100% on that one as well.

With 13 lope points just pick a rifle hunt and put in, the odds are terrible for all of them".

Flatlander,

My buddy was drawn for 5B-S archery bull!! He wanted me to thank you for your advice. He probably would have put in for a 2nd choice, but heeded your warning. He put in for only one choice and got it.

Thanks again for providing this info....I know it's a lot of work trying to accomodate 14 pages of requests.

Brad (Viper)

• Like 1