dieselroe

134 Yard Archery Shot on 6x6

if i practiced at that far, and was getting decent groups, id fling it at animal no problem. seems like a lot of guys cant make an ethical shot at 30 yards, whats the difference?

Cause the animal can man probably move 30yds before the arrow even reaches it.....DUH ;-)

come on, i aint shooting a hoyt.

• Like 2

If someone could shoot consistent and accurate groups at that distance, and they have chrono'd and adequately tested the penetration of the broadhead/arrow combination, I see no reason why someone shouldn't take the shot. The reason people are complaining and calling "foul" is because they KNOW that a deer can be killed by an arrow at that distance, but they feel the risk of wounding one is far greater than the chance that someone very talented can consistently deliver one to the pump station... If my bow and I could shoot that far accurately and lethally- I'd be taking that shot.

If people never push the "accepted" boundaries, we will never find and reach our full potential.

• Like 10

Looks like I am out of my league with you long shot guys. My longest kill was 92 yards on an antelope. I have learned alot since then and wouldn't take it again if given the opportunity. I have become a better bowhunter.

• Like 2

Looks like I am out of my league with you long shot guys. My longest kill was 92 yards on an antelope. I have learned alot since then and wouldn't take it again if given the opportunity. I have become a better bowhunter.

no one in this thread even said they would take the shot. they said if they were practiced and proficient at that range they would. dont see how taking shorter shots makes you a better bowhunter either, but if that makes you feel like it than cool. i feel like a good bowhunter when i kill.

edit: i dont shoot with turrets on my rifle but i dont go telling my friends im a better hunter than them because they shoot long range

• Like 1

if i practiced at that far, and was getting decent groups, id fling it at animal no problem. seems like a lot of guys cant make an ethical shot at 30 yards, whats the difference?

Cause the animal can man probably move 30yds before the arrow even reaches it.....DUH ;-)

Lol then he is safe right?

• Like 2

If someone could shoot consistent and accurate groups at that distance, and they have chrono'd and adequately tested the penetration of the broadhead/arrow combination, I see no reason why someone shouldn't take the shot. The reason people are complaining and calling "foul" is because they KNOW that a deer can be killed by an arrow at that distance, but they feel the risk of wounding one is far greater than the chance that someone very talented can consistently deliver one to the pump station... If my bow and I could shoot that far accurately and lethally- I'd be taking that shot.

If people never push the "accepted" boundaries, we will never find and reach our full potential.

+1 Scooter! Let's all practice and see how good we can really be........at finding our lost arrows lolol

Just threw my popcorn in the microwave..... looks like I have four bags

Hunting over bait and luring an animal to hopefully 20 yards is clearing unethical and now also against the law.

Shooting 100 yards plus at game with a bow is clearly how the "cam hanes" bowhunters roll and it is legal according to law and ethical to some.

Pun intended

• Like 3

no one in this thread even said they would take the shot. they said if they were practiced and proficient at that range they would. dont see how taking shorter shots makes you a better bowhunter either, but if that makes you feel like it than cool. i feel like a good bowhunter when i kill.

edit: i dont shoot with turrets on my rifle but i dont go telling my friends im a better hunter than them because they shoot long range

Really? My archery skills haven't changed much over the years. My hunting skills have. I can get closer than that now. That makes me a better bowhunter than I was when I took a 92 yard shot with the key word being "hunter."

11j58oi.jpg

this is at 100yrds. i get it, he is one of the best. that doesnt mean there isnt a lot of guys out there that shoot a ton of arrows that cant get similar groups. you dont think a guy that can shoot 100 even remotely close to this cant hit at 135?

• Like 3

Really? My archery skills haven't changed much over the years. My hunting skills have. I can get closer than that now. That makes me a better bowhunter than I was when I took a 92 yard shot with the key word being "hunter."

thats your opinion. id say the guy that kills at 92 yards is a better hunter than the guy that waits for a 40 yarder and kills nothing. jmho

thats your opinion. id say the guy that kills at 92 yards is a better hunter than the guy that waits for a 40 yarder and kills nothing. jmho

To bad we all can't be out there instead of sitting at these stupid screens......

• Like 2

To bad we all can't be out there instead of sitting at these stupid screens......

2qbgpqv.png