Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Forest fires

While putting in for the elk draw I got to thinking where the next forest fire in the state will be? It's not really a question of IF another fire will happen but more like when and where? Which units do you think are the most over grown, under managed, and just plain tinder boxes waiting for a spark?

anywhere the tree huggers start lawsuits keeping the guys from doing their jobs, I don't work for the Feds but I do work with the guys on the fireline, they are just as disgusted as you, spend 3 to 4 months planning for a burn and a conservation group comes in and shuts them down or gets it delayed until it ends up happening with the weather isn't conducive to a burn

• Like 2

I'm guessing with the new grass growth down here in 35A as a result of the monument fire and which flourished during a "rainy" 2013... I'm thinking a big fire down south here along the border is gonna happen again very soon if we are not all careful.

could be anywhere, i noticed 6b south is bad in the canyons and 18 units are really thick. 27 still has alot of thick areas. who knows, hope when they hit they stay low and do some house cleaning then go out.