Sign in to follow this  
rider123

coyotes!!

Well my dad, brother and me went out for a day to hunt coyotes. First we went to look for some Coues but all the deer we seen were running and it was also very windy. So we all said were going to use my new coyote call I just got. So we went down to the flats were it was not a windy. We trying call at two different places and did not see anything. But the 3rd spot we called for about 10 mins and two coyotes came running in. and I let my brother and dad know that they were coming in. I had shot at the first one and MISSED dang then my brother shot and MISSED too then I shot and MISSED again both off this shot were over him. And then I herd my brother shot and he said he is down. Then I dad had said the other one is still there. So I had found him in the scope at about 200 yards I was just behind him. So we went to take a look at the coyote. The shot was right in the neck. And about 200 yard shot. Sorry I don’t have a picture. Cause I had was my phone. We are going to go again next Sunday. Cause I have to work on Saturdays. But will let u guys know how Sunday go's.

I love predeator calling.I have been back in Az for two weeks.And I have been out three times.I did ok the first time out. But it seems like there is one week out of the month I can't get them to come in no matter what I do.Last time out I was on the Santa Rita Expermental Range in 34A.And nothing, but I did get to see some deer one little fork and the rest were does.

Predator calling is great fun. You are actually the one being hunted. Called this yote in last spring along with two of his buddys but only got the one.

2006yote.jpg

This is prime time for calling Yotes, I got this one to come in down in 36C (cuz I was wearing my lucky CWT.com hat)

0536cyote.jpg

I was using a prototype call this feller made down in Texas so we took some photos of some of the yotes I shot while using his call ( The Twisted Critter by CuttDown calls). He ended up using another photo I sent him but this one is my favorite (cuz I'm wearing my lucky CWT.com hat :D )

What kind of range can you bring them into? I've tried for one w/ my bow a couple times, but have a hard time getting them close enough.

The best way to get them in bow range is to use a decoy that will take the attention off of you, that way it's a little easier to draw. I haven't shot one with archery equipt. yet but I haven't really tried either.

The coyote in the photo was around 100yds but I have had them from 5ft on out to 300yds. I really like to shoot them at distance but it is awesome when they come in like gangbusters and are on top of you before you know it!

Brian, glad you used that .300 mag, those coytoes are tought and mean! wouldnt want you to get attacked! im screwed cause when u and i go out, im only taking my 22-250, you think that will work? i dont know im kinda scared!

The best way to get them in bow range is to use a decoy that will take the attention off of you, that way it's a little easier to draw. I haven't shot one with archery equipt. yet but I haven't really tried either.

The coyote in the photo was around 100yds but I have had them from 5ft on out to 300yds. I really like to shoot them at distance but it is awesome when they come in like gangbusters and are on top of you before you know it!

Somebody told me recently that dangling a white rage off a stick so it bouces around in the wind worked for luring them close. Ever hear of anything like that? Seems pretty redneck to me, but if it works, why not? I'll look for a rabbit decoy.

The Whirling Woodpecker is supposed to work good, never tried it myself. If you are hunting where there are turkeys then a hen decoy works good, my buddy had a coyote come in at mach 4 and knock his decoy over, then promptly left at mach 5.

I have been wanting to make my own decoy with real rabbit skin and some kind of motorized kid toy but just haven't done it yet.

Casey,

you just concentrate on hitting the yotes, I don't like seeing them get away..................................don't worry, I'll shoot back up with the .300 win mag. :D

Kill as many as those suckers as ya'll can. I haven't got out yet, but just finished up this semester today and ready to take out as many of em as possible. They're probably the best target practice you can find. Working on your skills while helping out the deer herds.

The Whirling Woodpecker is supposed to work good, never tried it myself. If you are hunting where there are turkeys then a hen decoy works good, my buddy had a coyote come in at mach 4 and knock his decoy over, then promptly left at mach 5.

I have been wanting to make my own decoy with real rabbit skin and some kind of motorized kid toy but just haven't done it yet.

Casey,

you just concentrate on hitting the yotes, I don't like seeing them get away..................................don't worry, I'll shoot back up with the .300 win mag. :D

My buddy Rich is the one who invented the whirling woodpecker, he has a film clip of a stand he did callin in some foxes and had a fox come in to his call and just as the fox jumps up in the air to grab the whirling woodpecker a lion jumps out from the brush and snatches the fox with it's mouth....Then turns around and looks at the camera with the fox in its mouth with a look on it's face like thanks for the meal......I think his site is called outfoxedproducts.com and if you go to his site click on to (The Hunt)

My buddy Rich is the one who invented the whirling woodpecker, he has a film clip of a stand he did callin in some foxes and had a fox come in to his call and just as the fox jumps up in the air to grab the whirling woodpecker a lion jumps out from the brush and snatches the fox with it's mouth....Then turns around and looks at the camera with the fox in its mouth with a look on it's face like thanks for the meal......I think his site is called outfoxedproducts.com and if you go to his site click on to (The Hunt)

I have seen some still pics of that in I believe AZOD magazine. I couldnt believe it when I read it but there are pictures and they sure dont lie.

Casey,

Don't you worry Brian I will back you up with my .460. I just have to make sure I hit within 10 yards of the critter :lol:

sweet! i have two peole shootin back up for me! maybe i should just carry my XD-40 so i have 13 shots goin as fast as i can!!!