Sign in to follow this  
bobbyo

Yep Another Bogus Point question?????

Since I am such a great hunter I tagged a deer on January, 2nd of 2013. Because I was in the penalty box for the entire year I completely forgot to put in for Bighorn last summer. I knew I would lose my loyalty point and was bummed. We all know how important that loyalty point is on the bighorn draw. Well my depression has grown tremendously. I checked my species bonus points today (Let me dream!) and it seems my Bighorn bonus points have been zeroed out across the board. It looks like I actually drew a tag, but somehow didn't know about it or even pay for it. My postman is a bit shady. I would always get my Bowhunter magazine a little late with peculiar stains on the Mathew's Bow ads. Yet, I can't believe that even this postman is so heartless as to steal a man's Bighorn tag that he never applied for. So this leads me to query the community about the fate of my missing bonus points. Do you forfeit your bonus points for missing a single draw???

Thanks for your help,

Bob

No. You lose them after missing 5 draws. The azgfd draw website has some bugs, no need to sweat it. Give them a call during business hours to confirm.

I will tell you what happened to a buddy of mine 2 years ago that lives out of state.

He put in for the Arizona draw for both Antelope and Elk with something like 8 bonus points for each including loyalty points. However he mailed both applications and the correct amount in a check in the same envelope and as usual he was last minute so there was no time for F&G to help him correct his error. As a result he lost ALL of his bonus points for both species! He has griped about Arizona F&G ever sense, not that I blame him. I think its a BS rule.

So unfortunately If that follows suit with what happened to my buddy I will say yes, your bonus points are zeroed even for missing one application year.

Like Flatlander said, give them a call but I think your going to find you lost all your bonus points. please post up and lets us know what you find out. I am pulling for you and hope you get your points restored.

GBA

My buddies point was taken longer ago than I thought. I just called him to confirm what had happened. It’s been over 6 years. He had the same thing happen to him at first. He lost all his points, they didn’t show up, he called fish and game and fixed the issue except his loyalty points. He just got his loyalty points back after five years. So you won’t lose them all unless you don’t apply for 5 years. I would still call to make sure you still have them.

GBA