SwarovskiCoues

Kuiu Icon Pack

I have owned a Kuiu 3000 Icon for the past 1.5 years or so, during that time I've carried out two pronghorn and a javelina, logged hundreds of miles and hours in the sticks. It works well for what I want it to do. I can carry a rifle, a bow, and a tripod on my pack at the same time and fit all the components for a hunt that I need. I wouldn't trust it to pack out an elk as there is so much flex in the carbon fiber outers I'd worry it would be an sorry end to my pack.

I got to check out their 1850 day pack at the SCI show in Vegas this past week and have to admit that although a slick pack, I'll stick with a 3000 as there is minimal weight difference and more options for gear storage. To each their own tho.

I know hunters and outfitters that use their packs, a few have had bad experiences with the carbon fiber blowing out on them and that was mostly due to heavy loads. Initially I wasn't so sure about my purchase due to the design and frame but I really like the pack now. I also have a 6000 icon pack I haven't even put on my icon frame yet cuz I like the 3000 so much.

Let us know what you decide.

thanks for the input , helps alot when you dont have hands on anywhere. since you guys have been commenting i came to think that the 1850 does look a little too small, i watched some videos and have seen alot of pictures an do think i want the 3000 but they dont have it on the website anymore :( maybe its out of stock (so i hope) and i like how you can swap pack sizes with the same frame, you dont happen tohave pics of you with the pack in motion?

Yah, I was gonna tell you that. You can pick them up second hand occasionally.

Shoot me a PM, I may pull my 3000 off my frame and swap it out for the 6000 and then I don't really have a need for an extra empty 3000 bag.

Shoot me a PM, I may pull my 3000 off my frame and swap it out for the 6000 and then I don't really have a need for an extra empty 3000 bag.

You mean the Ultra pack? Is it even compatible with the Icon frame?

I have packed 2 bucks and 1 Bull with my ICON and have not had any issues. the great part of the 5200 and 7200 are the load slings. They allow you to still have gear and mean yet keep the meet out of the bag.. to me that is huge as I don't want my bag full of blood if I still have hunting to do or am helping a buddy fill a tag

/>

You mean the Ultra pack? Is it even compatible with the Icon frame?
Not familiar with the Ultra, my bags and frame have Icon on them. Perhaps I'll look into it a little. Seems like they have redesigned the frame at least 2 times with the last go around. When I checked out the 1850 bag and frame last week, it appears fundamentally the same design for quick bag exchange.

I have packed 2 bucks and 1 Bull with my ICON and have not had any issues. the great part of the 5200 and 7200 are the load slings. They allow you to still have gear and mean yet keep the meet out of the bag.. to me that is huge as I don't want my bag full of blood if I still have hunting to do or am helping a buddy fill a tag

thats awesome! yeah im gonna snag a 1850, and if i want i can get bigger in the future

• Like 1

I've been using a Mystery Ranch pack the last 3 years or so, and after waiting to hear feedback from a buddy who got the 1850 and being able to carry his briefly during archery javelina season, I decided to pick up an 1850 for myself. I love my Mystery Ranch NICE frame and Longbow and Metcalf bags, but the pack base weight is pretty heavy. I got the 1850 for a 'lighter-duty' pack or when I didn't need the full durability of the MR. When using the 1850, I drop about 4.5 lbs of pack weight. I can definitely feel that over the course of a few days.

I've only used my 1850 for 2 days while pig hunting, but so far I'm pleased with it. It is very comfortable, although the shoulder straps are thicker than what I'm used to. The pack did squeak pretty bad where my camelbak tube came out of the tube port (rubber tube rubbing against the nylon), but I put a neoprene sleeve on the tube and it is silent now.

I used the load sling to pack out my pig (head and cape and meat, so not much weight) on the pack's maiden voyage.

In regards to size, I think I'd like to have a 3000 cu in bag if it was my only bag, but I think the size is perfect for what I plan on using it for (archery javelina, archery deer, and archery elk; I'll probably carry my MR when hunting with my wife or kids to have more capacity and am more likely to be carrying more weight). The load sling does provide the option of an extra 2500 cu in, so if I did need to pack extra jackets or other gear, it would all fit when placed between the bag and frame. It would just be a bit harder to get to instead of reaching into a pack bag and pulling it out.

Here are a couple of pictures...

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520038.JPG

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520031.JPG

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520023.JPG

I've been using a Mystery Ranch pack the last 3 years or so, and after waiting to hear feedback from a buddy who got the 1850 and being able to carry his briefly during archery javelina season, I decided to pick up an 1850 for myself. I love my Mystery Ranch NICE frame and Longbow and Metcalf bags, but the pack base weight is pretty heavy. I got the 1850 for a 'lighter-duty' pack or when I didn't need the full durability of the MR. When using the 1850, I drop about 4.5 lbs of pack weight. I can definitely feel that over the course of a few days.

I've only used my 1850 for 2 days while pig hunting, but so far I'm pleased with it. It is very comfortable, although the shoulder straps are thicker than what I'm used to. The pack did squeak pretty bad where my camelbak tube came out of the tube port (rubber tube rubbing against the nylon), but I put a neoprene sleeve on the tube and it is silent now.

I used the load sling to pack out my pig (head and cape and meat, so not much weight) on the pack's maiden voyage.

In regards to size, I think I'd like to have a 3000 cu in bag if it was my only bag, but I think the size is perfect for what I plan on using it for (archery javelina, archery deer, and archery elk; I'll probably carry my MR when hunting with my wife or kids to have more capacity and am more likely to be carrying more weight). The load sling does provide the option of an extra 2500 cu in, so if I did need to pack extra jackets or other gear, it would all fit when placed between the bag and frame. It would just be a bit harder to get to instead of reaching into a pack bag and pulling it out.

Here are a couple of pictures...

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520038.JPG

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520031.JPG

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520023.JPG

thanks for the reply! and yeah im not looking for anything crazy but after hearing about everybodys stories id like to get the 3000 if they still made it...which they wont anymore for some odd reason. what you said and got it for is all i want it for as well

I just got a mailer and Kuiu is offering a 3000 ci pack in the new Ultra line, 48 oz for $320!

• Like 1

I just got a mailer and Kuiu is offering a 3000 ci pack in the new Ultra line, 48 oz for $320!

just got that in the mail but its not on the site yet!

Not sure if you're still looking for one but I found an icon 3000 brown bag only for a $100 on the kuiu forums. Obviously you would have to still get the frame. Just saw you were wanting that pack Pretty bad so let me know and I can show you how to get there to the site.

I am selling a kuiu icon 3000 pack and frame right now in VIAS. It is posted in the classified section right now. It is an awesome pack! I have 2 of them as well as the 1850...I have a little bit of a problem buying too much hunting gear and don't need 2 of the 3000 packs so I am selling just one of them and keeping the other for myself. Shoot me a pm if anyone has any questions of interest.

Below is a link to the ad:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/47159-kuiu-icon-3000-pack-and-frame-in-vias-camo-pattern/