Sign in to follow this  
CouesRanger

Anyone going to be up in 23 this weekend

Take rain gear! NWS is forecasting 2-3 inches of rain. :)

• Like 1

Make sure you guys get out there and run all the bulls...It is way more fun picking up singles later this spring than doubles... it is still way early to go tramping around for the one or two sides that are laying on the ground already...LOL

• Like 8

+1 still packing

My wife & I are going out this weekend. Were going to be glassing for some Bulls and looking for last years drops.

• Like 1

I love the fever that sets in each year at this time. I have never understood why the fever takes over and drives people to madness, like chasing down horn during a storm weekend lol! I believe Gino knows that this happens each year to the easy access areas(horn hunting prematurely), but the guys who know where to find them are doing so in late March early April. I never have PTO to get out to scout the bulls at this time of year so I have never been extremely successful. I do however find my fair share while out scouting late summer and throughout the hunts in the fall. Good luck to those brave enough to be out there this weekend, enjoy the weather!

• Like 1

I love the fever that sets in each year at this time. I have never understood why the fever takes over and drives people to madness, like chasing down horn during a storm weekend lol! I believe Gino knows that this happens each year to the easy access areas(horn hunting prematurely), but the guys who know where to find them are doing so in late March early April. I never have PTO to get out to scout the bulls at this time of year so I have never been extremely successful. I do however find my fair share while out scouting late summer and throughout the hunts in the fall. Good luck to those brave enough to be out there this weekend, enjoy the weather!

It.s mostly because the greed for money,I usally don't start untell the third week in march,most people are done by then.

I sell my sheds put it all back into hunting,But I don't do it for the money,I am an old man and I still get excited finding a raghorn.

Went up saturday morning got rain, snow, and sleet and I was freezing. Did find one nice 6x antler on saturday so that got me pumped. It was not a shed though must have broken it in battle back in sept. or aug. Still pretty cool. Hiked all day then got behind the scope this evening and spotted 7 bulls feeding on one hillside only 1 had dropped. That's where I will be heading in a week or two.

post-2346-0-77778800-1393813290_thumb.jpg

It.s mostly because the greed for money,I usally don't start untell the third week in march,most people are done by then.

I sell my sheds put it all back into hunting,But I don't do it for the money,I am an old man and I still get excited finding a raghorn.

I guess for some the greed thing may come into play, I for one am all for selling them if you want. I line my swimming pool with them, have them all over the waterfall and a 5x6 dead head under the palm next to it. lol I actually have a 4x4 muley deadhead in the basketball hoop :rolleyes: :D :lol: