Sign in to follow this  
Bownut98

Anyone recognize this tree stand and Camera?

/> Here's an idea. Don't hunt there and leave the guys stuff alone......lol

Why not hunt there??? Explain please, just curious

He can totally legally hunt there. But its kind of nice if you run into a mans favorite spot to leave it to him and get your own. There's plenty of land to hunt in az. I would leave it be and hope a man that finds mine would also let it be and think "wow, that guy has a good spot. maybe if he moves outta here some day I might use it". No worries, its just not how the world works anymore, but part of hunting is the adventure of finding new things and making stuff happen on your own. Not squatting a spot that is obviously being used.

so all I have to do is hang a stand and a camera to claim a "spot" in the public forest?? heck yeah!

looks like he found a spot he wants to hunt.

the guy's stand could be for bear, deer, elk,

here is a concept, when you are done hunting take your stuff with you.

I don't mind cameras but the treestands that are up for years on end does not make that spot theirs! he can't possibly hunt 365 days a year otherwise he would have ran into him sitting in the stand.

I would leave a note, if he's cool he won't mind and probably share info with you ( like shedhunteraz) if he's a prick about it call the forest service so they can have it removed and add it to their collection.

my guess is 23N

James

Thanks for making my point. Yeah, ask him if you can use it and if not, call the forest service to take it down to punish him. That's the way to handle it. Things are only ok if were the ones reaping the benefits. As mentioned the world has moved from respect and kindness to extreme narcissism.

He can totally legally hunt there. But its kind of nice if you run into a mans favorite spot to leave it to him and get your own. There's plenty of land to hunt in az. I would leave it be and hope a man that finds mine would also let it be and think "wow, that guy has a good spot. maybe if he moves outta here some day I might use it". No worries, its just not how the world works anymore, but part of hunting is the adventure of finding new things and making stuff happen on your own. Not squatting a spot that is obviously being used.

so all I have to do is hang a stand and a camera to claim a "spot" in the public forest?? heck yeah!

looks like he found a spot he wants to hunt.

the guy's stand could be for bear, deer, elk,

here is a concept, when you are done hunting take your stuff with you.

I don't mind cameras but the treestands that are up for years on end does not make that spot theirs! he can't possibly hunt 365 days a year otherwise he would have ran into him sitting in the stand.

I would leave a note, if he's cool he won't mind and probably share info with you ( like shedhunteraz) if he's a prick about it call the forest service so they can have it removed and add it to their collection.

my guess is 23N

James

Thanks for making my point. Yeah, ask him if you can use it and if not, call the forest service to take it down to punish him. That's the way to handle it. Things are only ok if were the ones reaping the benefits. As mentioned the world has moved from respect and kindness to extreme narcissism.

he didn't want to ask to use the stand................... and he definitely doesn't need permission to hunt that spot

james

• Like 1

If it's a good stand and has been here for more than 72 hours let me know, I will remove that abandoned stand for you.

• Like 2

It's not that complicated... and even more simple since it's been up for so long. Hunt the spot all you want.. who cares if someone has a stand and a trail cam up. Again, doesn't make the spot theirs At All. The only possible issue would be if you walk in and the hunter is there.. in which case back out because he got there first or talk to him to figure out a schedule where you can both hunt it. Some folks on this site will say it's ok to sit the guys tree stand... I would disagree. It's not yours and for safety reasons I would never trust sitting in someone else's stand (But if it was my stand I wouldn't care if another hunter sat in it if I'm not there so it's a grey area) Set up a blind or pick a different tree for your own stand. Why does this have to be complicated? Don't mess with the guys stuff... at all. If he's a prick (assuming you get to talk to him) that's a different story... If he doesn't reply to your note that doesn't make him a prick and you have Zero right to mess with his stuff. Just my thoughts..

• Like 1

Everyone has a different opinion but according to G&F last time i asked if its left there its considered abandoned and anyone can use it. If not all these POS outfitters that put out 100 trail cams and think they own the mountain would claim every tank for themselves.

My personal opinion is they should outlaw the dang cameras and make hunters go back to hunting for their game. I would guarantee not as many 110 inch whitetails and 380 inch Elk would be taken every year if a guy had to get out and pattern those animals and actually wear out a few pair of boots scouting. As far as the stand they should take it with them when they leave. If you were camping you wouldn't leave your tent and lawn chairs until next time you decided to camp.

• Like 4

if you left every tank that had a camera on it you wouldn't be hunting much. And I will bet that stand and camera is at a water hole even though the picture doesn't show it. And I bet the guy who put it there wasn't the first guy to hunt there so maybe he should of left his crap in the truck since someone hunted there before him. (Get real)

This seems to be a losing battle between people that are going the extra mile to try and harvest a trophy and people that simply stumble across a persons work and basically f*#%* them. Many of the people that think hunting someone else's stand don't realize the time money and effort that some of these guys are putting in. There is no way a guy can be at his stand 24/7 so how do you know if its really abandoned. Take down your tree stand every time I'm not hunting? Come on lets be realistic! Leave a note and organize times to sit my spot with another person? While were at it did you want to schedule an appointment with my girlfriend??? You wanna talk about effort on finding animals I for one look for spots and big deer all year long and I put a lot of time, money, worn out boots, and effort into the equation. Call me a prick if you want but, I would lose my shoot if I caught a guy on one of my spots. This simply just comes down to respect in the woods. Here's a thought find your own SPOT and spend your own time money and effort cultivating it, if you think its worth it. Don't take advantage of someone else's hard work. Plant your own tree and pick your own fruit. Tired of this BS

• Like 2

Put yourself in this situation. What if you were sitting some guys stand and he came walking up. How would you feel. As a man if you feel perfectly fine with that there is something wrong with you and your probably a democrat.

• Like 2

I think what we are forgetting is that it is NATIONAL FOREST-PUBLIC LAND and it does not belong to anyone. it does not matter how much work you put into hanging your stand or mounting you camera if you show up at your special spot at 5AM And someone is already there then leave and get up tomorrow earlier and beat them there if you want to hunt there. i do believe that G&F and forest service says if its left there for a certain amount of time its considered abandoned and i think that time is or use to be 72 hours.

a good example is 10 years ago i found a generator chained to a tree that had been there for 6 months that i knew of so i called forest service and they cut the chain and gave me the generator. one pull of the rope and it started which tells me they were probably using it to cut and split wood and didn't want to load it up every time they left so they chose to leave it there. shame on them.

many times i have hunted certain tanks over the past 30 years and built ground blinds then would show up at that tank the following year and there would be a trail camera and tree stand there(am i suppose to leave because someone put a lot of time and effort into their work) I DONT THINK SO.

Its all about first come first serve.

if you haul it in then haul it out when you leave for the season. we have all seen chains that have been imbedded in trees because they have been there so long and could eventually kill the tree.

KEEP YOUR FOREST CLEAN

AND YOUR POWDER DRY

If anyone had a generator stolen 1shot has it... :blink: While I don't agree the person should have left a generator tied to a tree I also don't agree you get to just take it. It should go to forest service (maybe a lost and found) and if they want to give it back to the owner then fine assuming the owner comes a knockin. Giving property to any joe that reports it abandoned creates a bad incentive for people to just report findings just so they can have (Steal) it.

I agree with most of what you say 1shot Except for the fact you think just because G&F or forest service considers it abandoned You feel you have the right to take it..? Go buy your own Damm trail cam. Folks.. these are our trail cam thieves.. the people who think they can just take something not even knowing how long it has actually been there. Most hunters leave cameras up for months at a time. Leave people's stuff alone. Just because there is a camera or stand in a tree doesn't affect you at all... you can still hunt that spot without screwing with people's stuff. I despise the liberal "take what you can get" mentality you are demonstrating 1shot. Just because it is public land doesn't give you the right to remove property from it. There's something called a golden rule and most honest hunters honor this rule and take the high road. Some do the opposite and just take people's stuff. If I ever catch someone stealing my camera I'll beat their face in and shove the camera up their azz sideways.

• Like 5

If anyone had a generator stolen 1shot has it... :blink: While I don't agree the person should have left a generator tied to a tree I also don't agree you get to just take it. It should go to forest service lost&found or whatever.

I agree with most of what you say Except for the fact you think just because G&F or forest service considers it abandoned You feel you have the right to take it..? Go buy your own Damm trail cam. Folks.. these are our trail cam thieves.. the people who think they can just take something not even knowing how long it has actually been there. Leave people's stuff alone. Just because there is a camera or stand in a tree doesn't affect anything... you can still hunt that spot without screwing with people's stuff. I despise the liberal "take what you can get" mentality you are demonstrating and you better hope I don't catch you taking down my camera.

read the post. Forest service gave it to me and I have never screwed with anyone's property. You may not like what I have to say but facts are facts. You only know half the facts. Forest service put out notices in the area and knew about the generator being there and no one claimed it so they chose to give it to me and if someone can tell me what make and model and where they left it i would gladly get to the owner so get your facts straight before you start name calling and threatening people. If you leave your shoot there i will have it removed the legal way.

Bull. I'll just call a spade a spade... you took someone's generator... legally I guess but you could've just left it alone. Someone using it to cut wood or whatever so what. probably would've been outa there in another month. Expensive piece of property but you took it upon yourself to make a deal out of it and report it? And I didn't call you specifically any names or threaten you personally... rather those with your mentality in general that think it's ok to mess with another hunters property.. just because it's been in the woods for a few months. Absolutely Steams me..

• Like 1

If anyone has a gererator stolen 1shot has it is pretty specific to me. And then your statement about folks these are our trail camera thieves applied to my post so don't try to backtrack now. Sounds like you called me a thief. But worse than that you referred to me as a liberal and that was a low blow. The name is Jim Anderson and I'm at 38256 N. 136 St in Scottsdale. Come by and see me if you need to discuss this any further or I would be glad to meet for coffee somewhere

In my opinion you round-a-boutedly stole the generator.... It was CHAINED TO A TREE... someone's resource for cutting wood and they maybe don't have much money. People don't chain stuff to trees if they are not coming back for it yet you took it upon yourself to report it as you said in your post, make it a big deal and get forest srvc to cut the chain for you. You know dang well they would've been back for it and that is the problem I have with Your thought process thinking it is ok. I believe I said "I despise the liberal take what you can get mentality". I didn't call you specifically a liberal.. Re-read the post... "Folks these are our trail cam thieves" referring to people that think like you. Stating facts 1shot. I guess you assumed a whole lot by my "name-calling" but most of us can connect the dots on who is doing the stealing of trail cams. Not necessarily you but people that think like you for sure. We don't need to meet for coffee Jim. Just expressing my opinions... it's a discussion forum that Is what we do but your actions and prior posts struck a chord with me for sure.