couesmaster

az guide license

has anyone got the ema :angry: il from the g&f about the price on the guide license renewal. it is up to $300 bucks thats $200 increase in one year . its getting pretty steep . what do you guys think.

Hunting means $$$ to some people, but $$$ dont mean nuttin to most hunters that uses guides;) Just roll the cost on to your clients and that 200.00 bucks aint all that bad....Jeeze :P Just remember hunting is becoming a rich mans sport and most of us dont like the way it's heading....

I am most likly a fool but this is why my lic is done this year. i told you all this in a post quit a few months ago.I knew about it a while ago. I will not pay a 200 rais in one year. So have at it all and have a blast guideing i have more things to do with my time. I will leav it all to the real pros like the mullins and the Mclendons. I will refer all my hunters from here on out the Jim and his clan. I am already injoying more time with my wife and kids and prospecting like i love to do.

KaChing goes the register again at AGFD.

Its does seem like everything went up for no apparent reason. I'm all for the game and fish people getting paid a fair wage and the money going to support the many things they do, but what are they gonna do different this year that is so expensive compared to other years?

You got that right 300WSM and i am just the guy to fit that mold I guess. have a great time guideing. I did not do it for a living and never wanted to so for me it is no big deal.

Thanks

One of the Morons.

WOW!!! Thats not right! What's next? 25-06 said it all, it's becoming a rich man's sport which really sucks for me!

I am surely not rich and I have only just started to hunt in the last three years!

If you're gonna dance, you gotta pay the band.

Mike

If you're gonna dance, you gotta pay the band.

Mike

Yeah but this band really stinks!!! :angry: Time to find new band members or a new band.

A 200% INCREASE IN ONE YEAR SEEMS EXTREME, BUT WHAT PRIVILEGES ETC. DO YOU GET IN EXCHANGE FOR THE $300?

Don't bother me none, as far as I'm concerned, they can raise it to $1,000. I have never been a fan of people profiting off our wildlife resources, especially on public lands. Hunters should go out and find their own animal.

Why raise it? Are you kidding? That is what the public demanded at all the G&F meetings! It was at the point where everyone was out to get USO! They, the public, were throwing out all kinds of crazy ideas on how they could hurt or get back at USO. All the ones that included any kind of price raise the G&F jumped on because that is what they wanted or neaded. If the G&F just threw out a bunch of price raises then the public would stone them! But if they could sneek it in and put all the blame on USO then they could get away with it. They took the public's anger and ran with it! <_< Sitting in those meetings at that period was like watching a lynch mob preparing for a hanging. You could yell out any hateful idea and they would cheer it on, not realizing they were cutting their own throat.

Sorry you have never been a fan Diamondbackaz.

Just some thoughts on the subject ;)

There are dozens of guides that use this site and are top notch great people! Some of the best! I'm sure they have helped you out a time or two. In fact if you have ever read or learned anything on this site then you could go as far as to say that you aren't finding your "own" animal. Aren't we all profiting from this site in some way? What do we think this great site is about? If they raised it to a 1,000. then wouldn't they be profiting off of our wildlife resources also. I meen, how far do you want to take it? It could go on and on....

Most guides I know just enjoy helping and would do it for free if they could. In fact they do it for free so much that it starts to take a toll on there family budjet. So it's nice to be able to do what you love and help others while helping pay the bills at the same time.

Don't mock an honest working man. Any and every buseness out there takes advantage of something. Have you ever bought a hot dog? Well why didn't you go shoot your own hot dog? :huh: Why not rip on the plumbers of the world and say that thoes suckers are taking advantage of the fact that every poor person out there has to take a dump? Because it is as rediculious as talking down guides and the people who use them thats why!

Just take it easy, to each his own and have a verry marry CHRISTmas! :rolleyes:

Lance