elk_slayer

Unit 3c OTC spring bear

Once again I'm changing my mind on where to hunt I decided I'm going to go to 3c. I know it the best out of all the spring OTC units that are open

I've seen one cub in that unit it was year ago when I was camping I would like some help with where to go or what is the best technique with bow hunting!

You can hunt bear spot and stalk, running dogs, predator calling, or sitting water in 3C. Great unit for all of those hunting types. However, not many bears are ever harvested from any unit during the March OTC hunt. It is just a nice little money maker for the G&F, which I continue to pay while I'm out setting trail cams just in case I run into one that that early in the season. Some may be out, but usually not many.

You can hunt bear spot and stalk, running dogs, predator calling, or sitting water in 3C. Great unit for all of those hunting types. However, not many bears are ever harvested from any unit during the March OTC hunt. It is just a nice little money maker for the G&F, which I continue to pay while I'm out setting trail cams just in case I run into one that that early in the season. Some may be out, but usually not many.

as warm as it has been I'm sure there are more than usual out and about..............

no running dogs in the spring hunts though.................

James

• Like 1

From my experience, which is limited, most bears don't come out until after the OTC hunt ends, no matter how hot it is. Fortunately the ones that do come out during the hunt are typically boars, so if you do run into a bear there's a good chance that it'll be a boar. Either way you are better off hunting the end of the season rather than the beginning or middle.