5guyshunting

campfire and fuel

The Bernzamatic torch is only $14.95 (without propane bottle) at Lowe's --- bought one the first of the year. Also kills at lighting lanterns instead of the unreliable long camp lighters ...

/>070042190281lg.jpg

BernzOmatic Light Soldering, Thawing Pipes, and General Heating Handheld Torch Head. About $30 at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_149109-13877-TS3000T_0__?productId=50126409&Ntt=bernzomatic&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dbernzomatic&facetInfo=

I bought one of these years ago and it has saved me many-o-times. It is small and light wieght and works perfectly with the Colman green cans of fuel. We all have a few of those rollong around in our camp stuff. It will light anything! Even wet wood, etc. I even keep one in my "mulita" or Ranger as a just in case.

More D

As a boy scout leader I would take one of these on occasions where we had a separate leader and scout campfire. I found great joy of those cold wet campouts while watching the scouts struggle with there fire for a while and then pull out my torch to light mine. Looks on their faces are priceless!
  • Like 1

I have a stash of empty soup cans in my camper and gasoline for my generator. I fill an empty soup can up to the brim with gasoline then place filled soup can in the middle of the fire pit. I then stack wood around the can in a tee pee style. Light the gasoline and it will burn for about 30 minutes like a soft hot tourch. Plenty of time to get the wood burning no matter what the size.

Every person who has ever witnessed me use this method has called me crazy and stands way back untill they see it work. (Huh Big Browns and Huntjunkie :) Then they swear they will never start a fire any other way. 👍

P.S.

Don't be a dick. Dispose of the can properly before you leave.

I have a stash of empty soup cans in my camper and gasoline for my generator. I fill an empty soup can up to the brim with gasoline then place filled soup can in the middle of the fire pit. I then stack wood around the can in a tee pee style. Light the gasoline and it will burn for about 30 minutes like a soft hot tourch. Plenty of time to get the wood burning no matter what the size.

Every person who has ever witnessed me use this method has called me crazy and stands way back untill they see it work. (Huh Big Browns and Huntjunkie :) Then they swear they will never start a fire any other way.

P.S.

Don't be a dick. Dispose of the can properly before you leave.

I thought Speedy was crazy when I saw him filling up a can with gas and putting in the fire pit. I said "Isn't it going to blow up", Speedy just laughed and said " just watch ". I'm pretty sure I took a few steps back:) I was amazed how well it worked. I will never struggle to get a fire started again. It's the best fire starting method I've ever seen!!!!