Sign in to follow this  
Mthomas

Draw Question?

So our card was hit this morning. We were drawn last year. So I have the standard two points. So this year I put in for unit 1 early archery 1st, 6a late rifle 2nd, and because I have no points I did a 3rd choice unit 1 cow. I usually only do two early bull archery tags. My question is do you think they have completed the 3rd phase of the drawing or can I still hold on to the chance that we made the second phase of the draw and got a 1st or 2nd choice. I'm trying to tell myself we got a 1st or 2nd choice because we got hit early. What's your opinion?

Would bet your 2nd with 3 points but heck if luck is with you it could be your first

I would not believe the regular unit 1 cow tag would be available in the 3rd choice draw it's normally taken in the 1 and 2 pass. Now if you put in for the limited oppurtunity type hunts it could be your third choice.

• Like 2

Cow tag.

So you think the draw is over, and they've already finished the 3rd round. All the 3rd, 4th and 5th choices. Man you sure know how to smash a mans dreams. Lol. I guess I should assume its a cow tag!

You didn't specify the weapon on your 3rd choice but I'm not seeing anywhere where there should be cow tags left in unit 1 on the 3rd pass of the draw. I'm pretty sure It's impossible to draw 99% of elk tags on a 3rd choice.

• Like 1

Cow tag.

So you think the draw is over, and they've already finished the 3rd round. All the 3rd, 4th and 5th choices. Man you sure know how to smash a mans dreams. Lol. I guess I should assume its a cow tag!

lol, trphyhntr has given me good advice before but to just answer "cow tag" is either a joke or a D move. I'm going with joke.

I would not believe the regular unit 1 cow tag would be available in the 3rd choice draw it's normally taken in the 1 and 2 pass. Now if you put in for the limited oppurtunity type hunts it could be your third choice.

Your right. On the 2013 draw success rate page there was more 1st and 2nd choice applicants then there was permits. So that means i got a bull tag!!

I don't think they hit cards by first round second round etc.... The Draw is 100% done and set in stone before they start processing cards. ( The only exception is the peeps who get rejected for no funds) I think it's just random on when or what cards they charge.

Last year we got hit for 2 bull tags and my wife's speed goat tag at the end of the second day.

JMO

Cow tag.

lol, trphyhntr has given me good advice before but to just answer "cow tag" is either a joke or a D move. I'm going with joke.

lol. im just bitter because my card hasnt been hit.

• Like 1

/>I don't think they hit cards by first round second round etc.... The Draw is 100% done and set in stone before they start processing cards. ( The only exception is the peeps who get rejected for no funds) I think it's just random on when or what cards they charge.

Last year we got hit for 2 bull tags and my wife's speed goat tag at the end of the second day.

JMO

This is exactly correct. Its completed before they hit cards.

The unit 1 cow hunt is just as hard as a bull tag to draw so won't make it to 3rd choice you will be bull hunting

• Like 1

What you guys think ? The people hit first day are more Likely to get first choice then second day hits?

I thought it went in like rounds. Bonus point, 1st and 2nd choice, and then the rest. So if they do all at the same time why are cards being ran up to a week after it all starts. If it was 100% done at the same time wouldn't all the cards be hit all at once?

There are no 3rd choice cow tags that get drawn for unit 1, so if you put in for that, great, but they are always all gone in the first / second round.

In my opinion, you have an equal choice of getting drawn for either of your first two choices, since you don't have enough bonus points to automatically draw either one.

That's called the Luck Of The Draw! I hope it's the Archery tag, and good luck to you!