By Darr Colburn
IMG_6406.JPG
Paul Colburn and Parker Colburn with the first bass of the day.
Well its that time of year again when the desert is starting to green up and my boys are on spring break.  This means it is time to go fishing!  Parker, Paul and I decided to head to Roosevelt Lake for some bass fishing.  We stopped in Punkin Center at the Tackle Box to see what the fish were hitting.  The owner got us dialed in and showed us a couple of tricks to rigging up.  We got on the water a little after 7am.  The temperature was in the 40s and a little chilly when we started fishing.
IMG_6391.JPG
Senko rigged wacky style with a ring to make it last longer.
 We started catching fish in 5-10 feet of water.  The water was clear in parts of the lake and off colored in other parts.  We caught fish in both.  We only saw a couple of fish on their beds.  There were quite a few boats on the water.  The weather could not have been any better.  The temperature stayed nice due a little cloud cover.  We fished the Windy Hill area of the lake.  The boys took turns driving the boat.  The fishing was steady all day.  We got off the water about 6pm and headed back home.  Another great day spent in the outdoors with my boys.

IMG_6386.JPG
IMG_6383.JPG
Paul with a large mouth bass

IMG_6429.JPG
Windy Hill shows how low the water level is

IMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6390.JPG

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG
IMG_6372.JPG

IMG_6392.JPG
Four Peaks in the distance

IMG_6401.JPG
Smallmouth release

IMG_6405.JPGParker caught this fish on a Texas rigged lizard in the brush.IMG_6396.JPGParker with a nice smallmouth bass.
IMG_6424.JPG

View the full article

Great photos Darr... Thanks for sharing a great day on the water with the boys on spring break.

Them are great pictures Darr and there's no doubt you and the boys had a great day on the water. Looks like I should have been on Rosy instead of Saguaro. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Thanks guys. Only saw a couple of fish on beds with the smallmouth being one of them. Parker threw his Senko to the smallmouth and watched him eat it.

• Like 1

Looks like an awesome day on the lake. Congrats on the catch AND for being able to spend some quality time with those boys!!

Great job! We went to Pleasant for my daughters birthday and it was a total bust. Ii have not been skunked in a long, long time but it happens.