Sign in to follow this  
kidso

real field tip to broadhead shooting alignment

If you dont like the small cut of the tritons then try the Wac'em Exits as stated above. Small broadhead but devastating, look at my avatar. He only went 5 yards after the shot double lungs with a regular triton.

That is a great testimony for the 100 grain Tritons. Not that you had much of a trail to follow, do you typically get "decent" bloodtrails with the Tritons?

The animal usually doesnt go far enough to leave a blood trail. Most of the time they dont even know what happened and when they try to move theyre gasping for air and fall over dead.

Broadhead update: I had already ordered a package of QAD Exodus, since I had read good reviews on them, and tried them out today. They flew 6-8 inches off of my field tips and Triton Wac Em broadheads. I will try the Triton XL next week, just to see if they fly as true as the regular Tritons. If not, it will be the regular Tritons for me!

I've taken several elk and countless deer, hogs, and predators with Wac'em Triton heads........NEVER an issue.

Anybody use Magnus Stinger broad heads? I have been reading some good comments on the Tritons and will now be giving them a look. I am really curious about the Magnus though. I have shot the slick tricks and they fly well, but I prefer a wider cutting diameter. Been reading on the shwackers, only possible down fall they are "mechanical".

Just to make sure i was not dreaming, i opened a new pack of Triton Wac Em's and put them on 3 different arrows. I had enough time to shoot 3 arrows at 10 yard increments from 20 to 70 yards and was dead on! These BHs do fly like field tips for me! Still want to push out to 80 and 90 yards next week.

Just to make sure i was not dreaming, i opened a new pack of Triton Wac Em's and put them on 3 different arrows. I had enough time to shoot 3 arrows at 10 yard increments from 20 to 70 yards and was dead on! These BHs do fly like field tips for me! Still want to push out to 80 and 90 yards next week.

You should have the same results at 80 and 90 yards.

Ok. I made it out to 80 yards today and have that dialed in with confidence. However, the distance from 70 to 80 yards on my single pin slider sight took more length than I expected, so I am not sure if I can slide far enough to hit 90 yards now. We shall see next time I go out, but I am extremely satisfied to be able to send arrows accurately and consistently with broadheads out to 80 yards. I never could have imagined that for me even two months ago!

That's awesome Keith. Maybe there is hope for me after all. :)

TJ