crazy4COUES

Any bowhunter success?

Hey thats a nice buck! Good job! Good to see someone is having some success during this bow season this december. Thanks for sharing! Keep Huntin'

Dan - shortshooter

That's a great buck. I hope I get an oportunity to try and scare off a deer like that! :lol:

That is an awesome deer with a bow. I went out on the 23rd and got a 55 yard shot at a 60 inch 3x3. The arrow flew true to flight and found its mark. 50 yards later he fell over and never moved again. I'll show some pic's and tell the full story when I get my camera and another chance at the computer. But the pre-rut is definately on.

The buck was taken off the ground, across a little canyon! He just never moved, the doe that was with him kinda wondered off, but he never moved. Guess it was his time to go.

Awesome pics and stories guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey got some success here in january. Nothing big but i was willing to shoot a spike and got something better. Last Hunt... its good enough for me and well worth it. I'll post some pics up when i get them. Keep Huntin'

I havent put anything down yet, but gotten close to some big mule deer. Every hunt that you return home safely is a successful hunt, bagging something is a bonus (a really good bonus).

My dad did get one though, not a coues, but a 160" mule deer on Jan 1st. I forgot how much work it is when you get a big mule deer.

Well my first time hunting with a bow was awesome! I didn't draw the 27 Coues tag so I got 24 Mulie. We didn't get to go Monday because we were all working on my brother's roof (MAN IT WAS FREEZING!). Tuesday morning it was snowing and conditions looked pretty good for a rutfest. We spotted a big heavy old forky with eyeguards and we tried to put a sneak on him but it was there wasn't enough cover and there was no way I could get within 40 yards. We backed out and spotted some more deer quickly, it was a nice 140-145 with a kicker on his right side, but his does busted me when he was thirty yards away with a bush in the way. After lunch my dad glassed up a buck about 1000 yards off bedded fifty yards below where we just were. We got to where we thought we were even with him and crept up on him to where he was bedded(about twenty yards). His head was flat on the ground! My brother used the Primos Can to get him to stand up, but as soon as he did he spotted me with my Swithback drawn, and the stare down began! Finally after a minute and a half or so he turned and gave me a shot. I heard that beautifal "WHACK" bowhunters always talk about and he piled up after about a sixty yard sprint. I can't get the picture up yet but I will! For now I'll just say he's a seven point with like an eighteen inch spread hahaha He's not my biggest but I'm thrilled to have experienced this hunt!

I also had a great week in our awesome state of az. I took my javi and decided to get my coues buck done. he is the smallest buck to date. but my 3rd coues buck in a row with a bow. I'm thrilled to be done. now lets hope my 8 bonus points give me a 9 bull tag and my 6 points a 19b tag. it is good to dream. also my best friend took about 80" coues the day before I shot mine.I can send pictures if and would like to post.mike

Lets see some pics mike! Congrats again on an awesome weekend.

Hey i got one! Alright for sure. this january bow hunting season was my last one before i leave. Its a nice looking fork nothing special i would have shot a spike if i saw one but i really got lucky on this hunt. Its not that big so i don't think its worth putting picture up for ya'll to see, but its a nice deer. GREAT meat! Goodluck and keep huntin'

dan - shortshooter

Mike you can send it to me @ pcramer@boartlongyear.com and I'll post it for you.

Phil

Well, my buddy and I had an eventful evening. I just got back from an evening hunt. We . saw a muley spike from the road, so we decided to go after him. He was in no hurry so I jumped off to the right to circle around and cut him off, while my buddy decided to around the other way. As luck would have it the little guy went right to my friend. He took a shot at about 50 yds and hit underneath him. The buck ran about a hundred yards and stopped. My friend got to within range again and drew. Another shot underneath him! After the second shot the buck went over the ridge. I was up high watching the action unfold.( And laughing). I got back down to the truck about a half hour later to find out that he jumped up a monster with about a 28" spread. Then came the words from his mouth that made me want to strangle him. " I shot and it went over his back at 30 yds." Anyway, I'll be headed back up tomorrow by myself to see if I can't get on the big guy and put some antlers on the ground.