Sign in to follow this  
Bubbacoues

Wtb bolt handle

Google tactical bolt handal for savage tons come up and you can find them from 45-100 bucks and its a plug and play no gunsmithing needed

Last piece of this puzzle, just finished it today. Started as a sporter model 11

Bedded

Sss trigger and recoil lug

New stock

Mcgowen barrel

Viper hs lr 4x16x50 is in the mail, should be here tuesday

post-11390-0-51034500-1399852921_thumb.jpg

Head over to savageshooters.com and poke around I bet someone over there has one.

Chad When changing a bolt or barrel it will never just be a plug and play. The head space HAS to be checked no matter what. I bought a new bolt head for my bolt and just even changing that changed the head space. Not much but it did change. The head space is one thing you do not chance. So when changing anything with the bolt or barrel always check just to be safe. :)

Call Marty at Twisted Barrel and he will make you whatever you want with whatever fluting and with a few size choices.

He just did an entire rifle for me and he does great work!

http://twistedbarrel.com/tactical-bolt-knobs/

Chad When changing a bolt or barrel it will never just be a plug and play. The head space HAS to be checked no matter what. I bought a new bolt head for my bolt and just even changing that changed the head space. Not much but it did change. The head space is one thing you do not chance. So when changing anything with the bolt or barrel always check just to be safe. :)

Well watching the video on the net on install it showed him just sawpping it out. The ones i was looking at are suppose to be oem specs just a longer bolt handle thats why i said plug and play!

I thought you said bolt handle,did you mean the entire bolt? You may need to check headspace but I can't imagine it will change but I have not done any real changes to the savages I have to know.

Ya just the bolt handle it is a plug and play. But bolt heads and body need to be head spaced. My bad I thought you were talking about the bolt body itself. :)