PatrickJr

your thoughts?!?!?! part 2!!!!!

some of you may remember part 1 and how i couldnt identify an animal..http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/48829-your-thoughts/...the picture is here....

post-12189-0-14784700-1399590456_thumb.jpg
and after i got that i went and set up another camera over a hole thati found that looked to be a badgers....and this is what i got...

post-12189-0-13513600-1401138833_thumb.jpg

so the final ruling is that it is a BADGER!!!!!!!

post-12189-0-68598200-1401138926_thumb.jpg

i also got this guy....first javelina we've gotten on this piece of property.

post-12189-0-29687900-1401139005_thumb.jpg

7 hours later i got my first bobcat!!!! he looks huge....i had to convince myself that this was a bobcat and not a spotted lion with a chopped off tail! just kidding i knew right away that it was a bobcat.....

post-12189-0-46705200-1401139117_thumb.jpg

and of course a coyote! always get them......

so this tells me where i will be calling come this fall!

fyi this is just a sequel to my 1st topic and i am sorry for the blurry photos

Get a better camera!! All of those pictures including your first are blurry. Is there any way to set the shutter speed or exposure time to quicker?

Get a better camera!! All of those pictures including your first are blurry. Is there any way to set the shutter speed or exposure time to quicker?

this camera doesn't take the best night pictures, and there isn't any options to change the shuttle speed.....

I will take out that badger for ya :)

sorry he belongs to my father or I........ we both want to get it really bad.

Nice job getting all those animals! I have wanted to find a badger hole to set a camera up on. Nice work!

Most any trail camera that uses infrared light for night pics will be blurry if the animal is moving. If they were standing still it wouldn't be blurry. To get crisp night pics, you have to get a white flash camera and most people don't want to do that.

• Like 1

Badger, badger, badger!! Cool stuff man!!!

This last trapping season I had a trailcam in a location that got a few great pictures of a badger. I set up some traps in the area and never could get him in one. I wonder how far they travel at night. On the flipside I caught a badger in a cage trap in an area I would never guess would hold a badger.

I have called in a few and skinned them (plus this one from this last winter). Good luck! They don't skin like any other predator. You'll be beat afterward.

This last trapping season I had a trailcam in a location that got a few great pictures of a badger. I set up some traps in the area and never could get him in one. I wonder how far they travel at night. On the flipside I caught a badger in a cage trap in an area I would never guess would hold a badger.

I have called in a few and skinned them (plus this one from this last winter). Good luck! They don't skin like any other predator. You'll be beat afterward.

i hopefully will get him this fall....my dad (280rem) graduated from Wisconsin so he is partial to badgers....but i have no affiliation. are they hard to call in??? i probably could trap him, his hole is like 5 feet to the left of my camera and he seems to come by fairly often....