Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

70th Anniversary of D Day-Normandy France

I just returned from a humbling trip on the North Coast of France in the region of Normandy.  70 years ago today the Allied forces set forth to liberate France from Nazi Germany.  No words can really express my gratitude for what these men did during those days.  This is a trip that I wish every American could take to get a sense of what was done here.  June 6th 1944 was a historic day for sure.  God Bless the USA!  Thanks to all of our Troops and their families for their sacrifices!

1+Arromanches.JPG

2+Utah+Beach.JPG

3+Juno+Beach.JPG

4+Port+du+hoc.JPG

5+Utah.JPG

6+Omaha+Beach.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

View the full article

• Like 1

I listened to a radio broadcast today in Tucson. This morning was John Wayne with a "kinda song" and this evening they had one of the men that was there in '44. Sadly he died a few months ago and it was a re broadcast. But that guy recounted every detail of when he was there, very good broadcast.

Thanks for sharing Jay. Peg and I was just talking yesterday and was wondering if you were still over there. You're absolutely right about the sacrifices our troops made that day and their families. We certainly are a blessed nation thanks to the sacrifices all our men and women have made to keep it this way. Thank you to our service men and women for all you do. :)

TJ

• Like 1

A visit to Normandy is on my bucket list. The sacrifice made by so many should be part of every Americans education. The debt we owe these men will never be repaid. Too bad we didn't send a president, who cares and respects the military, to the memorial ceremonies.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Jay! We should never forget the sacrifices made on that beach! God Bless those Heroes!

Sign in to follow this