Sign in to follow this  
Tucson John

Help needed! to move a shed....

yep jackit up or dig it out -- put -runner rails on the bottom - place round roller logs to new location - shouldn't be a problem if only 30 yrds to roll it over use a comealong or a good 4x4 with new u joints - lol

X2 I would jack it up put rollers under it and pull it with truck. Just grab one from back and put it too front and so on

All good feedback guys! I have it about two feet in the air now, blocked up. Skids and logs to roll it on may just work. I built a foundation for it in the new location so I'd have to figure out how to get it up on to that once I got it there.

How about this? I provide steak dinner and drinks......and you guys come over and help me?!

you got a porch we could crash on? Shoot wouldn't take much more than a steak and some mountain air to convince me . . .
  • Like 3

All good feedback guys! I have it about two feet in the air now, blocked up. Skids and logs to roll it on may just work. I built a foundation for it in the new location so I'd have to figure out how to get it up on to that once I got it there.

How about this? I provide steak dinner and drinks......and you guys come over and help me?!

you got a porch we could crash on? Shoot wouldn't take much more than a steak and some mountain air to convince me . . .

I've plenty of room inside and out! I'm headed up this weekend. If I can't make something happen we will organize a CWT shed moving party in July. I'm headed to Colorado to fish with my Bro the first week of July......gotta have your priority's straight!

Thanks guys for all the responses and great ideas!

John

• Like 1

Since you have it jacked up, bolt some 4" x 6" skids to the bottom, with a 30 to 45 degree angle cut on the ends. Drill a hole through the skids big enough for a chain, and drag it .

• Like 1

Shed update! Got er done! I started asking around down in Showlow, starting with Deanna at the Jalapeno Grill, (nice folks awesome quesadilla's), who referred me to United Rentals......who referred me to Navapache construction, whose motto is "Yeah, we do that!

Jackpot! David and Kimberly from Navapache came out Sunday morning and we had it done in about two hours. They had wheels that we mounted up under one end and then David picked it up with a forklift type machine, (he had a name for it but I forgot) and Carefully moved it to it's new location. WHEW! It was well worth the money and these folks were great! If you need ANYTHING done in that area call them......after all "Yeah! We do that!

TJ

• Like 3