Sign in to follow this  
TwoGuns

Youth bow

My daughter is turning 6 this spring and is very convinced she is ready to have her own youth bow. She loves to go out and shoot with me during the summer, so I am looking for any advice in getting her a bow. Is she too young? Is anyone familiar with the Mathews Genesis bow? It looks like it might be a good way to go, but I am not sure. Anybody that can give me a starting point I would appreciate it.

Darren

My son is very good with a bow, he has been shooting since he was about 5 or 6. i got him one of those cheap walmart bows and let him go bananas with it.Now hes 12. He really liked it, so I just bought him a new parker package, it came with a whisker biscuit and a sight and some carbon arrows. He had a real tough time using the sights and release, but has since become a deadly shot with it...i would consider the mathews youth bow that you mentioned too, i have head good things about them...

Ron

You can't go wrong with the mathews genesis at that age. It has a light draw weight that's comfortable for young learners, and there's no set draw length so it won't be outgrown. My daughter shot her's from age seven untill eleven. When they are strong enough to pull more weight, the Parker buckshot or Mathews Ignition would be excellent choices if they were interested in Bowhunting.

Two Gun,

My daughters shot Darton Cheroke's when the were 8- 10. The draw weight is adjustable from 35 to 45 lbs, and the draw length is 24 o 26 inches. They have been siting in my closet for years and I would let them go cheap if your interested. Both bows are like new. They have bodoodle rests and carbon arrows also.

TJ