Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Updates on San Juan Flat Fire?

Here in Lakeside, it's been raining the last few days. I took my family up to the Sunrise shoot today and it was raining pretty much the entire time. I'm wondering if anyone has up-to-date info on how the rains are affecting the San Juan fire in unit 1.

I have heard it is pretty much contained.

My engine demob'ed from the San Juan Fire on Wednesday, and a lot of other resources were getting released also. At some point or another, I saw much of the fire perimeter, and it looked pretty solid. I'm a firefighter, not a forester or biologist, but the burn looked good to me: a lot of understory and ground litter burned without much damage to trees or soil.

• Like 2

I was on the St. John's side of the fire. They have got 3 solid days with some rain including today. Like vowell said I think they almost have it under control

Too bad the Monsoon didn't come 10 days sooner. would have been some help. Thanks to all that did fight it............BOB!

It's going to be interesting to see what burned and what didn't. This area is pretty close to home, and I've seen how much thinning has already been done here. Some of my favorite elk, deer and turkey spots are right in the path of this fire. I'm really looking forward to the time when we are allowed back in there to see the impact of this fire.