wmathern

WTB 270 WSM

Get a Savage model 16 weather warrior. It has the accu stock and trigger. I just picked one up. Loaded 130 grain accu bonds in Norma brass on top of 73 grains of H1000 with federal 215 magnum primers. It's going 3290 FPS out of the muzzle

3 shot group at 100 yards

post-5424-0-56723000-1406518870_thumb.jpg

I have box of ammo you can buy when you get the gun.. my shoulder did not like the 270 wsm very much.. not much at all! 2 shots and I traded her away. dont shoot 1 of these dudes 4 months after a shoulder reconstruction. :'(

• Like 1

My savage .270 wsm kicks about the same as my .338, but I like it.

I asked like 6 people that owned them before I bought 1 and I now know they are all LIARS . ;)

The recoil is less than my 300 WM. Id say its equivalent to a 30-06.. My 115lb wife will be shooting my 270 WSM with no problems.. But then again she killed her buck last year with my 300 WM..

The recoil is less than my 300 WM. Id say its equivalent to a 30-06.. My 115lb wife will be shooting my 270 WSM with no problems.. But then again she killed her buck last year with my 300 WM..

Yeah 1st hunt video I watched after my painful 2 shots was a chick smokin a big bull with a 270wsm.... oh well. maybe its all in the stock? me dont know or care she is gone. but I would suggest whoever wants 1 to shoot a few first. I would have another if it had a break and that is the only way. just look at the bullet it will explain everything

My savage .270 wsm kicks about the same as my .338, but I like it.

I asked like 6 people that owned them before I bought 1 and I now know they are all LIARS . ;)

mine is maybe 10 years old model 11

Well I've been introduced to what they call a led sled and it works wonders. dont feel a kick when shooting at big bucks.

Animals killed with my 270 wsm

100 2/8 coues buck. 223 yards 14 year old. 130 pounds

Lil coues at 150 yards my 10 year old son 100 pounds

Cow elk at 166 yards my middle son 110 pounds

Md 150 yards. Me ( fat butt)

Md-at 460 yards my god son 200 pounds

No one complained about recoil at all. My favorite az cal!!! .

• Like 1