Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

SPOT satellite message units - SPOT2 and SPOT Connect - SOLD within 1/2 hour! WOW! that was fast!

I have two SPOT satellite message units for sale. I used them for myself and one of my workers while doing owl fieldwork the last couple years. They have worked very well. You can send "I'm OK" messages to up to 10 contacts (phone or email). Of course it has the SOS button to get emergency medical care to you.

I will sell these units for $50 each. You can buy one or both. They retail for about $169.

Each of these units requires a subscription service to activate (about $100 to $150 a year, depending on which plan you choose).

The SPOT2 unit is the orange one shown below and comes with a wrist strap carrying case. This is the simpler of the two units and has all the features of the Spot connect except that it doesn't link to a smart phone. You can activate the tracking feature on this unit with the appropriate subscription plan and allow people at home to track your location on a map. This is a great feature to put your wife's mind at ease while you are on a hunt or other kind of trip. This is a small and lightweight unit and it take three AAA lithium batteries. I will include the batteries that are in the unit now.

Just an FYI..... SPOT now has a SPOT gen 3 unit available. The one I am selling is generation 2. I don't think a lot changed between the two units. I think they improved battery life (which was very good in the spot2 unit already), partly because the new unit is larger and takes more batteries than the SPOT2. The new SPOT3 units sell for $169.95 on the SPOT website.

The other unit I have for sale is the SPOT connect which can be used as a stand alone SOS unit or you can pair it with your smartphone and you can send longer messages to your contacts (up to 41 characters). This unit is best if you want to send custom messages fairly often. You can not receive messages, but you can send them. This unit has all the same features as the SPOT2, but just with added benefit of custom messages you can type on your phone. Retail price on this unit is $169 on the spot website.

You can read more about SPOT units here:

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

watch videos about SPOT2 unit here

here is a video about SPOT connect

Great deal on an even greater product! I can personally speak to the benefit of this tool and how quickly you can get help when really needed. The wife feels much better about my solo outings and so do I. The $100 annual subscription is a very small price to pay for the insurance of rapid rescue when you really need it. Or when you need your buddies to come help you drag out that trophy animal you just dropped in a remote location.

• Like 1

Amanda,

Its not letting me send messages to you. Please PM me.

Thank you

Tried to send a PM a few times but it's not working. Looks like I'm relegated to backup - if one sale falls through, I'll take it.

Wow, that was fast!! Guess I should have charged more!! LOL!

emailing me is always better than PMs....my email is at the bottom of every post I make, so you can use that.

Coues79 gets the SPOT connect, pending funds

Joeeden can have the SPOT2, pending funds

If Coues79 and Joe can email me, that would be great and we can arrange payment.

If those fall through I will let you all know and we can work our way down the backup list.