Sign in to follow this  
nboni.2007

Swarovski SLC HD or Vortex Razor HD?

I wanted to get some input on which glass you would buy and why? This will be my first time spending this amount of money on optics. The Swaros are a few hundred more than the Vortex. I'm leaning more towards the Swaros but is it worth the few extra hundred?? The size I plan on getting are 10x42.

Like comparing apples to prunes.

Swaros are in a whole other league over the Vortex.

I was so disappointed in the Vortex Razor HDs when comparing them to all of the other high end glass. To me, the Razor HDs were in a league with $500-800 glass, not $1200+ glass.

I did a big comparison on MY opinion of 10x42 glass that can be found here. http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/50663-vortex-vs-minox-vs-zeiss/page-1?do=findComment&comment=485043

I opted for the Meopta binos in both the 10x42 and 15x56 flavors. I could not be happier.

I was comparing the Meopta and the Swaro SLC HDs in the 15x56, and there is a $900 difference in price. I actually liked the Meopta color better than the Swaros, and could not tell a difference in anything other than FOV between the two. Maybe a couple feet wider FOV at 100 yds. with the Swaros. But not enough to tell unless you are counting bricks on a wall. I actually got a smoking deal last Friday on my 15s, out the door for $1320 from Cabela's. I had a 10% off coupon, and opened up a Cabela's credit card (which I have already paid off), getting me another 10% cash back, plus $100 gift card on the binos until Labor Day, plus $25 gift card for the credit card approval, plus $25 gift card for spending over $1K! Total savings/gift cards was $492. Not bad off a pair of $1600 binos. The Swaros are $2500, but could have saved $520 on the Swaros too, making them about $2200 out the door.

• Like 1

Its not even close. If you have the money to do it swaro all day. I've got swaro slc hd 10s an am really wanting the 15 HDS now cuz there is such a difference in the 2. At first I didn't notice it but now that I've spent a lot of time behind the HD glass its far superior to anything else

• Like 2

Each set of eyes are different. To me there is barely a difference between swaro or vortex. The difference is there but barely.

• Like 1

Vortex best glass isn't as good as swarovski's worst glass. Go with the swaros, then you'll never wonder what if;-)!

• Like 2

The warranty that Vortex offers has to be worth something.

the paper it is written on..... Swaro's warranty is fantastic, and chances are, you will not have to use Swarovski's warranty unlike Vortex.

• Like 1

the paper it is written on..... Swaro's warranty is fantastic, and chances are, you will not have to use Swarovski's warranty unlike Vortex.

Well put

• Like 1

Buy the optic that meets YOUR performance criteria and allows YOU to glass the longest because it fits YOU the best. I own a lot of $ worth of Swarovski optics and they have been very good to me and others too, but this fanboy stuff gets a little irritating on occasion. Yes they are Swarovski and they are great, but there is a prestige factor to them also and there is a price tag on it. It seems some of the guys around here would have everyone believe that Swarovski is simply the only glass on the planet worth purchasing and fits everyone, their goals and their pocketbooks equally well. That certainly is not the case, the razors are fantastic optics for 2/3 the cost. I think it would only take a little searching to find that the Vortex warranty has been worth significantly more than the paper it is written on to a lot of folks. That claim is a disservice to a quality company with some very fine products and customer service. There are some people who own Swarovski products, myself included, who owe Vortex a nod for helping to pressure Swarovski back into offering a no hassle transferrable warranty.

• Like 1

Well said MuleyJ................... FYI. Swarovski's warranty has not changed. Been the same since I have owned a pair ( over 15 years.) Guess I am just a fanboy!!

Well said MuleyJ................... FYI. Swarovski's warranty has not changed. Been the same since I have owned a pair ( over 15 years.) Guess I am just a fanboy!!

Yup+1! Gets purdy old all these yung bucks that come on here and think they know everything there is to know about the shrimping business and its their opinion er nuthin, when quite frankly you should go out and pick what best suits you! Lol

Guest wdenike

If I were VORTEX I would be flattered!!!! If I were Swarovski I would be embarrassed!!!! As there has to be a reason this competitively comes up all over the internet. LMAO :P :P :P :P :P

Take care, Willie