Sign in to follow this  
crazy4COUES

zeiss conquest 15x45

Some real world feedback- I had the Zeiss for a few coues deer hunt and a couple pig hunts, it was a huge improvement over my Pentax 16's. I was able to glass much later into the day than the pentax and the size was much smaller and lighter. The clarity is awesome. The eye cups made my eyes sore after a few hours of glassing, it's not quite user friendly with somewhat sharp edges. I love these binoculars and would buy them again. I however passed them down to my father and bought the Swarovskis 15's. But if I lost the swarovskis or damaged them...the Zeiss would be the next thing I would buy. I looked through minox before and clarity is equal, brightness is a little better on minox side but not by much. The Zeiss would be possibly the 2nd to the 4th best optics you can buy. Can't complain with that

I was able to glass much later into the day than the pentax and the size was much smaller and lighter. The clarity is awesome. The eye cups made my eyes sore after a few hours of glassing, it's not quite user friendly with somewhat sharp edges.

The edges are sharp on the zeiss. On every kind of binoc I find eye cups bothersome in extended glassing sessions. I have learned to fold eye cups down and where a shirt or towel over my head to cut out ambient light. I feel this method cuts down on eye strain and makes my dermatolgist happy by covering my pre-cancerous white skin.

Another bonus with the zeiss is that they are so tiny i can put them in a two pocket camelback and strap my tripod to the outside. It is really nice to be able to carry high powered binocs in a light, streamlined pack.

I may not be of much help since I never had the Zeiss, but here is my story.

This year I purchased the 15x56's swaros. I had the Pentax 12.5 x 50 SP ($800 pair of glasses) there is no comparison between the two. The swaros are absolutely great. I have the crooked horn bino carrier and they don't bother me at all (weight). I actually love bow-hunting with them, because I flip my bow over and rest them on my cam and they are really steady. I have a tripod and the adaptor was free and I can glass for much longer periods of time.

The last day of my son's pig hunt, I busted my butt, and smacked my glasses as hard as one could imagine on a rock. Now they are cocked eyed and I scratched a lens. I called swaros and I am sending them in tomorrow. I was told a new glass piece would be $75.00 and they will send them back to me in 4 weeks. I can live with that.

FYI some places offer 4 payments at 0% interest on glasses.

Redman