davecinaz

Elk & Antelope Draw

so much for the thought that applications were down! from today's Wildlife Views:

New elk and antelope draw garners record applications

Arizona's first-ever separate draw for elk and antelope last month garnered a record number of applicants.

"We worked long and hard to spread the word about the new draw for elk and antelope," said Leonard Ordway, the Arizona Game and Fish Department's game branch chief. "We were pleased to see a record number of people applied for antelope permits and the elk application number was almost the same as last year."

The application numbers were:

Species 2007 2006

Elk 102,325 102,653

Antelope 36,813 31,435

Total 139,138 134,088

Ordway said this new early drawing was actually created at the request of hunters themselves. The new draw allows them to find out whether or not they are drawn for elk and antelope prior to applying for deer, turkey and other species.

"This is better customer service all the way around. We're glad to see it is working out so well and judging by the application numbers, it looks like most everyone got the word. With the large number of hunters, that is quite an accomplishment in itself," Ordway says.

I for one like having the draw earlier. The game and fish did do a good job of getting the word out. I recieved a flier in the mail and also a heads up via the internet.

Keven

I also like it earlier for all the obvious reasons.......I just want to know who started that whole 40% crap. I have a small list of fellers I want to knock on the head for what they told me......and I started believing them because of where they SWORE the info came from.....appearantly the lied to me :angry:

I also like it earlier for all the obvious reasons.......I just want to know who started that whole 40% crap. I have a small list of fellers I want to knock on the head for what they told me......and I started believing them because of where they SWORE the info came from.....appearantly the lied to me :angry:

I believe too much stuff I read & see here, like whitetails in hospitals,talking javelina,etc.... :lol: :lol: Now we'll just wait for all the rumors of when the draw results will post.

I believed the 40% less applications, but I was sure somebody forgot the decimal .0000000004 less for elk. It looks like the antelope odds will drop from less than one percent to less than half a percent.. ;)

So this must mean the results are close..............................................................?

I hope so but that might be wishful thinking - the website still says mid-April.