Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Regs Rules on while another hunt takes place

Maybe my ADD mind cant read every word in the Regulation's or the Lawyer abbreviations that are in there. But I cant find a few things. My question is, is it not allowed to rifle hunt small game and varmints during a deer hunt. I thought it was for sure during an elk hunt its not allowed. I've been told that its ok to hunt quail during a pig hunt or deer hunt. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks so much

Maybe my ADD mind cant read every word in the Regulation's or the Lawyer abbreviations that are in there. But I cant find a few things. My question is, is it not allowed to rifle hunt small game and varmints during a deer hunt. I thought it was for sure during an elk hunt its not allowed. I've been told that its ok to hunt quail during a pig hunt or deer hunt. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks so much

used to be special rules regarding small game... mainly squirrel from what I can remember... you weren't allowed to hunt squirrels in units that had a big game hunt going on but that was long ago.... only thing you need to read are the notes for which hunt you are going to go on.

each hunt has notes next to the date saying... area x is closed to hunting... or x wildlife area is open to hunting. or the notes could be warnings about concern for wet weather travel and road damage.... so on and so on.

you are good to go... although some may frown but it is public land... I coyote hunt and if I see someone who looks like they may be on a big game hunt I'll try to give them their space, but like I said it's public land.

Hope this helps!

James

• Like 1

The way the hunts are stratified these days if you wait for a time when theres no big game hunting going on... you'll always be waiting.

• Like 1

The way the hunts are stratified these days if you wait for a time when theres no big game hunting going on... you'll always be waiting.

You are 100% correct. Target shooting is another factor. I always look at the regs to see what hunt is active and try to schedule those trips when there are no active big game hunts.